Engine fan running at full

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine fan running at full

As above, the engine fan starts up on full when I start the engine and doesn't stop until 10 minutes after the engine stops, any ideas?

It's going into Citroen in a couple of weeks for warranty work so I'll get them to have a look, I'm just curious about what it could be?

Temp sensor is a common problem, what engine have you got?
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

THP 155, the temperature dial in the dash still seems to be working fine, or are these unrelated?

Comment

The dash gauge & the fan may use different sensors.

Comment

Well it seems that, when it was in for a replacement tensioner, some heavy handed oaf managed to snap the retaining clip on the pcv breather, so when driving today I smelt burning oil. Popped the hood, and sure enough there's a mess around the breather.

Anyway, got the AA out to sort it until I can bring it in next week to have the hose replaced, and upon wiping the error codes it seems the fan has gone back to normal? I'll still mention it to Citroen when it goes it though, and get the thermostat replaced while its in

Comment

Hope they are fixing FOC!
            My DS3R3... nearly....
            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Yep, all being done free. Currently its held on with a clever combination of cable ties, seems pretty solid though.

Comment

Working...
              X