Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 Thp Dsport issues

Hi,

I've looked through the forum and there seem to be similar problems with the thp's. As of yet haven't found a solution to mine. I Purchased a 61 plate Thp Dsport in February with roughly 40k miles on the clock. Second day of owning the car changing from 5th to 6th gear, it felt like the car was getting held back and very jerky and immediately the 'engine repair needed' came up on the dashboard screen. Plugged into it and the error code was p1339, the same code throughout the entire few months of problems.

It's happened plenty of times since and the car goes into limp mode despite the dealer doing the following ttthings:

- changed spark plugs
    - changed coil pack
    - firstly terra cleaned and then had inlet valves decoked

Do you think it could possibly be the hpfp?

Seems to always happen when the car is cold and usually changong between 5th and 6th. The fan comes on immediately.

Any help appreciated

Hi Hort and welcome,

I had code P1339 (Combustion misfire at Cylinder 3) when it blew my piston #3... and I believe a user on here Pete had a same issue as you have (use Search with your code)...

If you had your valves decoked I'm guessing it's HPFP, as it been reported to go wrong a lot...

Cheers
    DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

Id be suprised if that was a HPFP issue, the signs and symptoms wouldn't be specific to a particular piston i wouldn't have thought. Mine through up a code for low fuel pressure before i had it changed for the latest revision.

You say they decoked the valves, did they show you before and after pictures, would be nice to know that they did a proper job of cleaning them up as when Jamie of Sp Tuning done mine, it took him and entire day.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
        Id be suprised if that was a HPFP issue, the signs and symptoms wouldn't be specific to a particular piston i wouldn't have thought. Mine through up a code for low fuel pressure before i had it changed for the latest revision.

You say they decoked the valves, did they show you before and after pictures, would be nice to know that they did a proper job of cleaning them up as when Jamie of Sp Tuning done mine, it took him and entire day.
        Yes SFG that's true, but I wasn't saying that the issue it's down it piston #3, was just telling my 'story with p1339'... but then again Cylinder #3 is more likely to detonate because of it's smaller/shared exhaust port, and thus elevated temperatures inside the cylinder 3 (maybe I am wrong, but what I've read about our engines...), and a bad HPFP would cause a lean condition, elevating the temps even more...

Cheers
        DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

Oh right, I see what you are saying, still I've not heard of the HPFP exacerbating a up port but I spoke it's feasible. Jamie would know I'm sure.

Comment

Fat fingers+ predicative text ha ha

Comment

Working...
            X