Seat issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat issue

The rear seats, I know its not rocket science but the passenger one is a pain.

I push the handle up and the car will not move. I thought perhaps its new and stiff so pushed the handle up a little more and it came off in my hand!

Its gone back on and works fine but still really have to shove it up to breaking point.

Tried the drivers side and its the same, is there something im doing wrong, I have checked the manual etc

Mine are very (avoid stiff. . . .) erm, firm. . .. Hard to move. Everyone thinks they are going to break them. I use the underside of my hand to push them up rather than grabbing and pulling up.
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

I'm struggling to grasp exactly what your issue is............is it the rear seats,
      or as I suspect the mechanism to fold and slide the front seat so that passengers can get in the rear

Comment

yep, fold and slide the front seat :P

Comment

Mine a bit tight at the moment, I expect they will loosen up a bit with use.

I get what you mean, when the lever is lifted up the where you think it should be the seat won't tilt, they need to go a little further.

Comment

Mines are the same. You get used to them after a while.

Comment

They are designed so rear passengers can exit themselves without help. Try using the lever in the back and you'll see what I mean.
              Last edited by Bigfeet; 02-04-2011, 08:21.
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                They are designed so rear passengers can exit themselves without help. Try using the level in the back and you'll see what I mean.
                But how do they get in the car in the 1st place?

Comment

Ours got a problem today, the whole seat just slides about up and down the runners and it's folded itself forward and won't go back, anyone else have this prob it's totally unusable at the moment and need to take the family on holiday on monday morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

09 Milano ctr no turbo required..

Comment

yeah i think its quite common its happened on mine and my mates. u gotta just keep wiggling all the handles and seat until it eventually locks back into position.

Comment

Originally posted by Gazmdm View Post
                      Ours got a problem today, the whole seat just slides about up and down the runners and it's folded itself forward and won't go back, anyone else have this prob it's totally unusable at the moment and need to take the family on holiday on monday morning!

We had one in the showroom that had the same fault. The spring in the seat back mechanism failed. Replaced the seat back frame under warranty

Comment

mine did that - just keep messing with all 3 levers (top release, rake adjustment, and back and forth) and sliding it backwards and forwards! - mine sorted itself out , you might be lucky too
                        Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Cheers guys had a play with it but with no luck, gonna pop the dealer early in the morning as I really need this sorted for Monday,

Ps sorry for the thread hijack

Comment

Sitting on the dealers said they will take a look as soon as they can,

Just to let you know they said they will do the recall on the nomad system ( Bluetooth) while it's in.
                            So you might wantt to get yours checked!

Comment

Working...
                            X