Coolant circuit level to low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant circuit level to low

I have recently had the service light come on and when checking on the warning log the system says that the coolant circuit level is too low. The level of liquid in the container is at the full mark and the temperature of the engine is always where it should be and when I have had the car checked at a garage nothing has shown up. Can anyone help me with this? I have a 2010 THP 1.6 Turbo DS3.

Not a DS3 expert but that sounds like a faulty sensor, is the coolant level visibly okay?
    DStort
    DSport interior | 130bhp Chipped | Powerflow Exhaust

Comment

The coolant level is bang on the full mark. I have got to say that there is no issue with the temperature either.
      I am thinking it may be the sensor in the coolant container that is faulty.

Comment

I'd go with a faulty sensor too, you might be able to get one from your dealer and fit it yourself. Alternatively look on ebay for the sensor....
        sigpic

Comment

There is no sensor in the coolant container so I am waiting to find out what the other sensor is that might be faulty. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

There will be some kind of sensor, maybe not in the container?
            I suggest asking a dealer or getting a haynes manual and checking where the coolant sensors are.

Edit: If it can tell you that the level is low, there is a sensor somewhere.
            DStort
            DSport interior | 130bhp Chipped | Powerflow Exhaust

Comment

Working...
            X