Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger seat query

Hi all,

I've had to buy a new passenger myself (re-conditioned) seat due to the mechanism when letting passengers into the back snapping, and did not want to pay £650 that the dealership wanted to charge! My question is there is a yellow connector plug under the seat, what is this for please?

Also in future when letting passengers into the back is the right way to do this to lift the lever and fold the seat then move forward, or move forward first and then fold? Sorry if that seems like a silly question, just want to avoid the same thing happening again!

Thanks

There is a video from Bigfeet on how to lift the handle for the seat, might be on his file repository thread.

The yellow plug is for the airbags and seat weight sensor IIRC.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Ok thanks, how do I find/view the video?

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post

The yellow plug is for the airbags and seat weight sensor IIRC.
        Any yellow connectors or wiring harnesses will be airbag-related.

Comment

Here is the link fo rthe file repository

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....al+information

Comment

lift lever then fold back rest then push seat forword

Comment

Broken seat mechanism!!

Hi sorry to jump on this post... I have a 13 plate DS3, both seat mechanism's have broken and been replaced by Citroen to the latest mechanism's that apparently are not faulty like the old models!

However, this one has now jammed and won't let me fix the seat into position!!

Is it something I am doing? Has anyone else with a newer DS3 had this problem?

I owe 3 years finance on this car, I don't fancy being stuck with a car that needs over £650 spent on it to repair a seat

Comment

persevere with (gently) repeatedly operating the back rest release and the front adjustment bar whilst moving the seat around - it's worked for me a few times
                Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

^ This works normally

Same thing happened to the passenger side seat on my DS3 once and with some gentle persuasion it went back to normal and never did it again.
                  sigpic

Comment

I had what I have read is a common issue with the seat (passenger in this instance) mechanism, with the back just going floppy and not fixing in any position.

The solution for me was to jack the seat up as far as it could go vertically and then simultaneously operate the bottom and top(headrest) adjusters. Something eventually clicked into place and it is operating fine now.

If it happens to anyone, just keep trying the combinations of all three levers. They are not always broken!

Comment

Good tip. Thanks for posting
                      DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Same thing has happened to me today.

Comment

Yes, accessing the back seat can be a tricky manoeuvre
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                          X