Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 unlocking itself over night

Hi Guys,

3 or 4 times now I've gone to unlock my car in the morning and its already unlocked... So I made an effort last night to lock it, make sure it was locked and put the key away in a place it cant be pressed before going to bed.

This morning went out and it is unlocked again... Any ideas why?

It doesn't happen every night, it seems to be random nights.

I need to fix this quick becasue my area isn't the nicest and there has already been 2 cars stolen on my street since I moved in a year ago

Thanks (:

I don't recall hearing about this before, I'd be concerned too and would be thinking either there's a fault with the car locking system or else someone has cloned the key.... Probably not the latter but I'd mention it to the dealer
    sigpic

Comment

Is this with the single lock? If you press the lock twice it will deadlock it (you'll hear a second clunk)

It's not a fix, but might be worth trying to see if it stays locked at least until it's fixed

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

This has happened to me a couple of times but found the unlock/lock buttons to be very sensitive, noticed the last time it did it was when I put my keys into my pocket.
        DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
        Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

I would get it checked because if I unlock mine and don't open the door within 30 seconds it locks itself so if yours was unlocked then there is a problem

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Comment

Might be the control solenoid is weak (its what operates the clunk you hear)
            Could be lack of current from the battery to operate it, or the unit needs replacing

Just a guess

May well be key issues
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Other cars have had this, my brothers 911 S4 did it a couple of times, cant remember how it was rectified.

Comment

I wonder if it is some form of radio interference type of thing.
                I had some bricks and the like delivered by a lorry with a remote operated hoist. My neighbour could not lock hus BMW. The driver said it was because he was using his remote hoist it interfered with the signals to the cars.

Comment

Manual locking was always so much better!........For thieves to break into your car!
                  LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X