Noise located but still need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise located but still need advice

Following on from last weeks posts about a noise from my car on low revs I have found where the noise is coming from (see photo) If I press hard to the left on the part that is arrowed the noise stops but I have checked all around that area and can't find anything loose or rubbing but it's definitely here that the noise/rumbling is coming from. Any ideas??

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160620_083819.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	368083
    Last edited by Goonerman1; 20-06-2016, 08:00.

Tighten the hose clam, see if it helps. If that doesn't work you might need to replace the clamp or the hose.

Is it still in warranty?
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

No...it's a 12 plate

Comment

Have you tried taking the hose off to see if there is anything running around inside causing the problem?
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
          Have you tried taking the hose off to see if there is anything running around inside causing the problem?
          Like a mouse you mean
          DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
          Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Mouse is a nice thought. For this a marten might help.

The intake system is in huge parts made of plastic. There can always something brake off and get stuck.

Had this in my Saxo where some plastic particles came of from the air filter box and made a rattling sound.

Other example from a german car programme: at this car a sensor was changed and somehow a piece broke off and ended right infront of an intake valve.

Comment

That's the inlet port to the turbo IIRC. Nothing should be passing through there but air.

Maybe a loose bolt further down the chain that's passing on vibrations down the pipe? Is the noise present when the engine is under load?
              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Working...
              X