Dash rattle cured!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash rattle cured!!!!

I have finally stopped my rattle from the dash.......The car is still in warranty until October but I didn't want to go through the whole 'we can't find a rattle' and the 'we have done this and that' only to find that nothing has changed 1 mile down the road.

I was really getting pi**ed off. I am a bit of a perfectionist and while some people aren't bothered by this issue (the wife!) It was spoiling the car for me.

I had previously checked the fuses and fuse cover including fitting some sticky pads, all to no avail. Tonight I took all the trim off under the glove box and had a good look and feel around behind the centre console etc. I thought I had it when I found a bunch of cables that were quite loose. I cable tied them but upon a test drive it was no better.

In the end I free wheeled down my road with the engine off and really listened. I was 100% sure it was from the glove box or behind the central vents but it was the shroud behind the mirror!

It clips together to cover the sensor for the auto wipers. I took it off and left it in the garage and went for a drive up the road. No more rattle! Anyway I have put it back on with some sticky pads and what looked like some black chewing gum which was just sat inside it?? It seems fine. Unbelievable!

Good work, mine was the glovebox flap/lid, WTF suggested a folded micro fibre between the lid and the fuse box cover and it was good after that
    sigpic

Comment

I have a very proffesional wedge of folded paper on my rear view mirror cover to stop the rattle!

I was sat in traffic and it was all I had to hand to stop it!
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
        I have a very proffesional wedge of folded paper on my rear view mirror cover to stop the rattle!

I was sat in traffic and it was all I had to hand to stop it!
        Also found a professionally folded piece of card underneath the latch on the roof of my MX-5, previous female owner must have had the same brilliant idea as you.
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
          Also found a professionally folded piece of card underneath the latch on the roof of my MX-5, previous hairdresser owner must have had the same brilliant idea as you.
          FTFY.
          My DS3R3... nearly....
          New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
            Good work, mine was the glovebox flap/lid, WTF suggested a folded micro fibre between the lid and the fuse box cover and it was good after that
            Yeah, I had previously put some sticky pads behind the fuse box cover in the glove box. I'm just happy to have found it, that's the hardest bit.

Comment

Working...
            X