Temperature Gauge Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temperature Gauge Issue

Hey, I've had no issues with my DS3 (1.6 VTi 16V DStyle Plus) over the past two years but after a recent long journey the temperature gauge(which normally sits just over half way) seems to be playing up.

It's fine for the first 5 minutes of driving but then it seems to slide quite far back, here's an image of it in the normal position with with an arrow showing where it seems to stick now:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	temp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	368093

I took it to my local Citroen dealer and they said it's normal as the cars got a double water pump and they could disable one to solve the issue but it would be a permanent bypass, but I find it strange that it's never done anything like this over the previous two years, not sure if they're making stuff up?

Performance-wise the car seems fine.

Search on here for Temperature Sensor fault, it is a known issue and if still in warranty will be fixed free of charge.

Comment

What he said.
      All that piffle about double pumps and bypassing water pumps smells just like what I stepped in earlier today. VTI has 1 count it 1 pump! The turbo THP has a second small electric coolant pump for the turbo for after the engine is shut off.
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

As pmk has said it's a known fault and it should be fixed free of charge even if the car's out of warranty.

The 120VTi was the subject of a recall last year because of this problem - my car was included even though it was five years old.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

Alright cheers guys, I'll take it back to the dealer.

Comment

Keep us posted
            My DS3R3... nearly....
            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
            X