Rust Rear Wheel Hubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust Rear Wheel Hubs

I have just washed her and noticed quite a bit of rust colour patches on the rear wheel hubs. I hadn't noticed it on previous washes, i am careful not to spray wheel cleaner etc on them and instead use a brush on the wheels then rinse.

Any ideas or recommendation on what to use?

Are they black bellones?

If so have a look here: http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...heel-corrosion

Best bet is to take some pictures for here, and have a word with your dealer.

Comment

do you mean the silver/grey portion of the discs? or do you have drum brakes?

I whipped the wheels off mine, wire brushed the non-braking part of the discs and sprayed them with high temp grey paint - so far so good.

If you have drums then wire brush and black would do it perhaps?
      Last edited by Owd git; 04-04-2011, 07:18.
      Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Its drums on the rear, looking on other forums this seems to be a widespread issue even on expensive cars. Looking around my only options seem to be waxoyl or hammerite...looks like i'll have to find somewhere to take the wheels off then.

Comment

Working...
        X