X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing chains, stuttering power on dsport red 2013 155bhp

First post on this forum so hi!!.

Firstly i have bought a 2013 d sport red 41k
    from a well know car supermarket (cars available &#128540.

Its got full cotroen service history and just expired its 3 year warranty.

Had the car 6 days and guess what i hear one morning after starting it up.....

Rattling timing chains!!!

Sooo i have taken it back to be told it was low on oil thats why its rattling!!!

No mate im no mechanic but im also very confident in my own mechanical abilities.

I know its the chains i have had a vr6 do the same in the past!!

Today i have been told its the chains and are being replaced for free of course under guarantee.

It also has a bit of hesitation on boost/acceleration.

I love the car and knowing that the timing chain has been replaced is very reassuring but its knocked my confidence in the car.

Am i just going to be on a never ending merigo round for the rest of this cars life??

Have they fixed the tensioner issue?? Will my timing be out after chains have been replaced???

Are there any other failures that need addressing at 40k.

Any advice will be greatful

Matt

https://youtu.be/1fI0dhWXgV4

Heres the video its 100% timing chains being replaced tommorow.

Comment

I had a 2011 THP 150 and a 2013 THP 155 and neither needed chains replacing. Although 24k and 27k ish mileage respective (Both sport red LOL)

I would also say it did rattle a bit if the oil wasnt completely topped up

Its easily heard in the winter, but i used to wait 2 mins before driving off for the oil to lube up the chain and never had any issues. i did listen a lot on cold mornings though.

TOTAL oil only, as specified for the car

Shouldnt really have an issue with the tensioner, and would have thought thatd be replaced as well as the loose chain
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Engine rattle for me was turbo. Thank you warranty as I'm now on my second turbo @ 48k miles.

Comment

Had same rattling. Also thought it was the chain but for me it was also the turbo. Got it replaced under warranty after 28.000KM

Comment

Im getting the car back tommorow its got 3 month guarantee off dealer and extended citreon warranty!! Its the same turbo as whats on a cdti vauxhall so im going straight to my mates independent garage for a turbo check is it the usual play in the shaft i should be looking for.

Shame these cars are so tempremental cause they are beautiful looking!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyjenk View Post
              Shame these cars are so tempremental cause they are beautiful looking!!
              Couldnt agree more- but hey, good for the hobbyist with always something to tinker with
              Not sure a shattered piston is something I'd tinker with tho, LOL
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Cars back....

Timing chains sorted and i think you all know whats wrong now....

Hesitation if i put the pedal to the metal it picks up slow if i nurse the throttle it goes like a rocket!!

From what i have read on here its carbon build up or vvt controller i checked turbo impeller and theres not a single bit of play or oil in the pipes so im guessing the turbo is fine..

Had the car for 16 days only drove it for 7!! 41k on the clock!!

I love the car tho so im going to try get it all sorted before my 3 month warranty is up from car dealer!!

Comment

99.9% it will be Carbon buildup on the valves.

Comment

Yes take it back and get them to Blast the inlet valves to cure the midrange stutter (from 2000rpm to 4000rpm typically )

The more weight is in the car, the worse the fault will be.

Comment

Booked in a citroen a week wednesday he tokd me over the phone that the engines have problems with carbon build up!! He also said you should only use super unleaded fuel in thp!!!

Comment

Inlet valve cleanse at Citroen costs a pretty penny

hope its free
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Extended warranty plus car is only just...... 2 weeks outside manufacturers only ever serviced at citroen aswell so doubt there will be much argument!!!

HAS ANYONE COME ACROSS WHAT I CAN ONLY DESCRIBE AS A WHINE WHEN PULLING OFF QUITE HIGH PITCHED???

Comment

Oh and got a wynns heavy duty fuel treatment on the go and a full tank of super unleaded its already driving better citroen on wednesday wish me luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyjenk View Post
                              Oh and got a wynns heavy duty fuel treatment on the go and a full tank of super unleaded its already driving better citroen on wednesday wish me luck!!
                              That wont make any difference in helping with carbon build up.

Comment

Working...
                              X