DIY e-HDI service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY e-HDI service

Just spent an age trying to source and order all the gear for an engine service. It is by no means cheap for filters etc but I did okay. Got everything (oil, air, cabin filters and a good price on 5L Mobil 1) from Opie oils except the fuel filter which was very expensive from them? Tried to keep everything from the same manufacturer which was MAHLE, seem to have a good reputation.

Got a service kit for my 107 last week for 16.99! lol

Looking forward to a bit of servicing next week.

Please keep all the receipts and detail exactly the work you have completed on the car, including dates and mileage.

Most dealers will veto any warranty work on cars that are self-serviced without any evidence.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

How do dealers determine if the owner doing the self service (applies to independent garages too) is competent Biggie ? It's all v well having the receipts for the service items but for warranty purposes how you can tell if they were used correctly ? Granted servicing items are pretty much one way only
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
        How do dealers determine if the owner doing the self service (applies to independent garages too) is competent Biggie ? It's all v well having the receipts for the service items but for warranty purposes how you can tell if they were used correctly ? Granted servicing items are pretty much one way only
        It's a big gey area, I know some dealers that won't even touch a self serviced regardless of the quality of the work, others will take a more cautious route. Normally it will be clear on inspection whether or not the jobs have been done correctly.

Comment

I'm out of warranty at the start of September.

Comment

Always keep everything in a plastic folder so when the car is sold it has all it's history available in detail.

Comment

I kept all mine in the Citroen folder that the handbook is in, hopefully the new owner got them all
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minimike View Post
                Always keep everything in a plastic folder so when the car is sold it has all it's history available in detail.
                Good man

Nothing makes my blood run cold as a dealer then hearing the words "I do it myself...."

Comment

It's quite satisfying when you sell on to someone and are able to produce all the service history, and it is really reassuring as a buyer to be able to see in detail everything about the car. There are so many poor examples of all makes and models out there,even on dealer forecourts.......how many times have we all been to see a car in excellent condition, sometimes travelling miles, only to be left massively disappointed? It's a mine field out there!!

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                  Good man

Nothing makes my blood run cold as a dealer then hearing the words "I do it myself...."
                  Last edited by minimike; 05-08-2016, 09:59.

Comment

By the way, I work in a local mine as a Diesel Fitter, so am comfortable doing my own vehicles.

Comment

By the way, I work in a local mine as a Diesel Fitter, so am comfortable doing my own vehicles.
                      Nothing personal but that does not mean your competent.
                      Originally posted by cyclone
                      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                      Originally posted by Broda
                      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

It doesnt take a genius to change oils and filters. I've done my own cars for the past 5 years since passing my test. The hardest part is making sure you've got the right bits

I'm pretty sure my wife could do it if I showed her how.

As long as there's proof I couldn't care who serviced a car. I've always changed oils and filters after buying a car anyway just to make sure it's been done

Comment

Didn't say I was competent, just comfortable......and what does serving a four year apprenticeship and 25 years experience mean then Cyclone? Like gates says it does not take a genius........ I'm sure some Citroen Tech's are great, and some are ordinary. It still costs you £250 for a service though.

Comment

Totally agree.
                            Originally posted by gatesy0093 View Post
                            It doesnt take a genius to change oils and filters. I've done my own cars for the past 5 years since passing my test. The hardest part is making sure you've got the right bits

I'm pretty sure my wife could do it if I showed her how.

As long as there's proof I couldn't care who serviced a car. I've always changed oils and filters after buying a car anyway just to make sure it's been done

Comment

Didn't say I was competent, just comfortable......and what does serving a four year apprenticeship and 25 years experience mean then Cyclone? Like gates says it does not take a genius........ I'm sure some Citroen Tech's are great, and some are ordinary. It still costs you £250 for a service though.
                              Worked with plenty of ass hats that had the same title at work but couldn't tie their shoes including at one point an engineer on the space shuttle. Later on as a manager I learned that even those people had a place. Doing the easy repetitive work. Overall the good ones average out the bad. Every one of those mediocre people thought they were the best of the best of the best. So a person saying well I'm a ????? doesn't mean anything. It would be a good bet to say we have all worked with less than stellar people at one point, As I said nothing personal.
                              Originally posted by cyclone
                              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                              Originally posted by Broda
                              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
                              X