Broken drivers seat :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken drivers seat :)

The reclining part of the seat packed in on friday as i was putting the dog on the vack seat .
    It wouldnt stay in place only used the top handle to fold the seat forward for access for the dog
    I took the car to darlington citroen who checked it over within 30 mins top service again
    Couldnt be fixed so new seat frame orderd under warranty getting it fitted this friday
    Atb paul

There is apparently an official way to operate the lever to avoid breakages, someone posted a pic somewhere. IIRC you place your hand flat, thumb out sideways, palm against the side of the seat and slide up, holding the lever in the notch between your thumb and your fingers. Ever since I started doing that instead of lifting the lever with my fingers, I've had no issues with the lever sticking (or snapping).

Great news that you're getting a free replacement though!
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

I didn't know that!! Will do that from now on. Good tip!!
      DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Courtesy of Bigfeet:

Last edited by BeefMasta; 07-09-2016, 05:31. Reason: Embedded the video.
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Thanks Biggy and Beefmasta for digging out the link.
          DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Wobbly seat?

The top part just need to be reset.

Push the seat all the way forwards, then use the recliner to tip the seat all the way back and then all the way forwards, now slide the seat back as far as it goes on the runners and it should "Click". Job done
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Where is your video link Biggie!!

Edit - its there! Silly work PC
              My DS3R3... nearly....
              New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Can we clarify what is the correct way if there is one ?? for allowing passangers or pets into the back of a ds3 ??
                Do you slide the seat for ward first using the bar under the seat then use the top adjuster to tilt the seat forwards ????
                Then once a passanger or pet are in ..
                Lift the seat recliner into correct position then slide the seat back to correct leg length or is there another way ????
                Atb paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulliver View Post
                  Can we clarify what is the correct way if there is one ?? for allowing passangers or pets into the back of a ds3 ??
                  Do you slide the seat for ward first using the bar under the seat then use the top adjuster to tilt the seat forwards ????
                  Then once a passanger or pet are in ..
                  Lift the seat recliner into correct position then slide the seat back to correct leg length or is there another way ????
                  Atb paul
                  You're making this sound more complex than it should be

Lift the handle at the top of the seat until it's released and the seat should move itself to a 50 ‎° angle.

Once it's in that position you should freely be able to move the base of the seat forwards and backwards just by moving the seat alone.

Once everything's in the back, pull the seat via the headrest or the body of the seat back to it's 90 degree angle and it's original location on the runners and it should lock in place.
                  cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

That sounds so easy mmmmm lol

Comment

Originally posted by paulliver View Post
                      That sounds so easy mmmmm lol
                      It is, watch the video.
                      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Mines done it it a couple of times messed about it sorted itself

Comment

I tried messing with mine forwards then backwards nothing
                          Its broken some parts have arrived yesterday the rest are coming from france tomoz hopefully fitted at 10am friday

Comment

I have the same issue with the passenger seat. Cannot be fixed unless the entire sub frame of the seat is replaced. And that was like 900 eur for the part alone. So have to deal with it.

Comment

Been and fixed now working again great service again from darlington citroen
                              I would like to know what part breaks on the seat to make it faulty didnt ask ???

Comment

Working...
                              X