No announcement yet.

Broken drivers seat :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an issue about my front seats. When i recline them forward (i don't know the exact word), and i want to lean them back, i need to use the recline handle. Otherwise i can't lean the seats back, they don't move.
    I saw videos on internet, then i think that there is problems about my seats. Can anyone tell me why?

Comment

If you are sat in the seat and use the lower recline handle to recline the seat backwards, you will have to lean forwards slightly so the seat releases itself. It'll be like on a cog and will need releasing before it will move backwards.

Think seat belt, you sometimes have to loosen it off before it allows you to pull more. (Although seat has no pre-tensioner or anything like the seat belt does, it's the same feeling and motion)
      @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Originally posted by mjogreen View Post
        If you are sat in the seat and use the lower recline handle to recline the seat backwards, you will have to lean forwards slightly so the seat releases itself. It'll be like on a cog and will need releasing before it will move backwards.

Think seat belt, you sometimes have to loosen it off before it allows you to pull more. (Although seat has no pre-tensioner or anything like the seat belt does, it's the same feeling and motion)
        Thanks for reply... When I tilt the seat forward, it's moving forward and back freely on the seat rail. While reclining to the back, it's not moving, like it's locked to a cog, i can't make it release. But i will try it again. Thanks.
        I have taken some photos. Is there any missing parts? Click image for larger version

Name:	20161016_183320.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	360725Click image for larger version

Name:	20161016_183320.jpg
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	360725Click image for larger version

Name:	20161016_183313.jpg
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	360726

Comment

Originally posted by d_darko View Post
          Thanks for reply... When I tilt the seat forward, it's moving forward and back freely on the seat rail. While reclining to the back, it's not moving, like it's locked to a cog, i can't make it release. But i will try it again. Thanks.
          I have taken some photos. Is there any missing parts? [ATTACH=CONFIG]13524[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13524[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13525[/ATTACH]
          oh i see, you mean when you move the seat forwards and backwards on the rail, not tilting the back rest?

yeah if it only goes to a certain point, either something is stuck or there is a fault with hte cog. make sure there is nothing stuck in the rail or underneath the seat. probably give that rail a hoover and clean, it's pretty filthy.
          @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Originally posted by mjogreen View Post
            oh i see, you mean when you move the seat forwards and backwards on the rail, not tilting the back rest?

yeah if it only goes to a certain point, either something is stuck or there is a fault with hte cog. make sure there is nothing stuck in the rail or underneath the seat. probably give that rail a hoover and clean, it's pretty filthy.
            Yeah, when i recline the seat by using the recline handle, it leans forward, there is no problem. But when i want to move it back (without using the handle), it does not lean back again.
            To make it lean back, i have to use the handle again to make it release.

Comment

What handle you are using. The seat back angle adjustment lever located at junction of seat back and seat bottom? Or the rear seat access lever located near the top of the seat back? Because your description is confusing as hell.
              Originally posted by cyclone
              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
              Originally posted by Broda
              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                What handle you are using. The seat back angle adjustment lever located at junction of seat back and seat bottom? Or the rear seat access lever located near the top of the seat back? Because your description is confusing as hell.
                sorry for my English.
                I am using the upper lever, at the top. I was always meaning the top lever as "handle, recline handle, recline lever etc."

LG-D802TR cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Comment

Working...
                X