Power loss - THP 155 - fuel system cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power loss - THP 155 - fuel system cleaner

Been having intermittent power loss issues with my THP 155 (28k miles) for ages which both Citroen and another garage failed to diagnose/fix given several attempts. I even took it for a induction terraclean without success.

My power loss has been very odd. If I floor it literally everywhere, the power remains ok (not perfect). 1 traffic jam and it was ruined until a long run down a motorway at high speed. It really felt like there was no turbo when it got really bad. It felt pretty smooth, but no boost

I'm no mechanic, but I always thought the symptoms sounded like something was getting gunked up.

I decided to try a fuel system cleaner (I got this one http://www.halfords.com/motoring/eng...r-petrol-400ml ).
    It claims to clean fuel injectors, carburetors, intake valves, combustion chambers, valve guides and ports, cylinder heads and piston tops. The instructions said to use it on a full tank, but I put it in with a 3/4 full one.

My first and second drives seemed absolutely the same as normal.

The next seemed much, much, much worse... it was really jolty and had even less power than usual By the end of this trip I was down to about 2/3 a tank.

Then it got a bit interesting. It was still a bit jolty, but I could tell it was picking up speed.

Now sitting just under half a tank it is faster than it has been the entire 6 months I've owned it :o

No idea if my lemon will keep smiling, but for now it is zooming! Anyone else had a similar experience?

TLDR
    Had power loss. Tried fuel system cleaner and it seems to have worked!

Not had that issue, but I only put Shell VPower Nitro+ in mine and add a dose of RedEx every few months to keep everything clean

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Have had my first full month without power loss in my 6~ months of ownership :lemon:

All I did was the above + drove down the motorway in 4th for 15 minutes a couple of times.

Comment

Working...
      X