155THP First MOT Fail On emmissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 155THP First MOT Fail On emmissions

Hi, just wandering if anyone has had issues with passing mot after remap. My car 155thp went into dealership for its first MOT two weeks ago and it failed on emmissions, they then changed O2 sensor, CAT, drained fuel tank nd filled with premium fuel and it has still failed, they are now looking to do a leak test on the engine but they car has been remapped and I'm worried that this may be the cause, has anyone else had issues? Thanks.

ive never known one to fail an mot because of remap except when a decat pipe is fitted.
    White on red THP
    Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
      ive never known one to fail an mot because of remap except when a decat pipe is fitted.
      Mine passed with both :rolleyes:
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Doesn't surprise me, mine looks like a DPF Delete diesel under throttle since my remap
        - Challenge Accepted -

Comment

Thanks for replies, just got word back from the garage after they have replaced the ECU and it has passed with flying colours! Looks like it was the remap after all which is a nightmare because I have plans for custom exhaust, intercooler, recirculation valve and induction kit but now I'm not very confident with getting it mapped again ��

Comment

I think mine has been MOT'd probably three times since the map and no issues.
            sigpic

Comment

Crickey! How much was the new ecu? Couldn't you get the remap put back to standard instead?
              White on red THP
              Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Ecu under Warranty up to now it's had timing chain, clutch, turbo, lambda sensor, CAT, turbo Cooling pump, walnut blast X2, ecu, full oil change and air con condenser coil all under warranty, needless to say they have proberbly had the car longer than me haha

Comment

Originally posted by Glena View Post
                  Ecu under Warranty up to now it's had timing chain, clutch, turbo, lambda sensor, CAT, turbo Cooling pump, walnut blast X2, ecu, full oil change and air con condenser coil all under warranty, needless to say they have proberbly had the car longer than me haha
                  Wow my friend you either have a really bad luck or a bad mechanic/dealership, dealers sometimes tend to change things without looking what really caused the issue because at the end of the day they get paid for it. I would suggest you to go to Jamie or someone like him who really knows and understands this engine, do a full check up and a proper remap. And by remap i don't necessarily mean more power just a better drivability and from what I've read the stock map is dangerously lean plus you would 'tailor suit' your car to your needs and environment. I hope you start enjoying your ds3 more

Cheers
                  DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

Working...
                  X