Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine fault following walnut blast

Hi all

Was wondering if someone could advise me on what I can do following a walnut blast.

I have returned from having one done and when I start the car I now get an engine fault - Torque says its a P0010 Camshaft error.

I had to go 60 miles to get it done so dont fancy the round trip back to get it sorted - any advice on what I can do..?

Any help appreciated!

Paul

PS I would have come to you Jamie SP Tuning but you are nearly 4 hours from me...

Also, engine performance is unaffected - it's going really well with the exception of I think the boost is kicking in around 2000 RPM when it used to be around 1500 RPM. Not sure if this is a sign of things....

Comment

Check to make sure they reconnected the camshaft sensor properly, right hand side of the cam cover above the fuel pump.
      White on red THP
      Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
        Check to make sure they reconnected the camshaft sensor properly, right hand side of the cam cover above the fuel pump.
        Thanks Jamie, I will take a look tomorrow. Really appreciate your help!

Comment

Hi all

I have taken a look at the sensor and it hasn't been touched. I removed and reinstalled it anyway and tried again but failed.

I spoke to the mechanic and although the left side pipes and the airbox were removed nothing much else was taken off. He's as puzzled as me.

Any further ideas...? Is the camshaft error (P0010) just a precursor to something else..?

Any tips for getting Citroen to look at it without mentioning walnut blasting..?

Paul

Comment

Just took the car for a spin and feels like the turbo isn't kicking in until about 2500 rpm. Still have error....

Paul

Comment

Maybe need reset auto adaptives ??

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Comment

You have to remove inlet manifold to do walnut blast....
                White on red THP
                Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

P0010 refers to vvt camshaft solenoid actuator. This located on the left hand side just below the inlet manifold, next to the chain tensioner.
                  White on red THP

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
                    P0010 refers to vvt camshaft solenoid actuator. This located on the left hand side just below the inlet manifold, next to the chain tensioner.
                    Ok thanks Jamie - I will take a look at the one tomorrow. Is it just remove the large plastic pipe and gain access or is it more difficult to get too..? Sorry to keep bothering you!

Comment

Sorry - you say below the inlet manifold. I dont think I can get to there without putting it on a ramp

I guess I will have to get my local garage to take a look for me - really wish I didn't have this done now...

Comment

Will need to take off airbox for sure and maybe left hand side air tubes to access...its well hidden unfortunately.
                        White on red THP

Comment

White on red THP

Comment

Nice one Jamie - that is a swine of a place to get too but I will get under and take a look to see if the connector is loose. It's right under where they were working.

Comment

Just reading this thread. Well done Jamie for giving the benefit of your advice. Often see your posts on here. Very good of you to post advice and recommendations. Sadly I am old and boring so have no need to upgrade the performance of my incredibly trusty DS3, otherwise I would make the journey to you. A good independant is a good find.

Comment

Working...
                              X