No announcement yet.

Engine fault following walnut blast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally agree Old Bloke. I appreciate that Jamie hasn't done the work but is giving his time to advise.

I have given up and will be taking the car into the garage. I won't be mentioning blasting unless it's brought up. Fingers crossed I get it solved and I definitely won't be fiddling with the car for a long while!

Comment

When i took mine into Citroen for their equivalent of blasting, the engine looked like a bucket of old dirty water been slung over it. So best check it all looks reasonably clean.
      Then take it in- they never found my remap on several occasions (Altho they overwrote it once :-(
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
        When i took mine into Citroen for their equivalent of blasting, the engine looked like a bucket of old dirty water been slung over it. So best check it all looks reasonably clean.
        Then take it in- they never found my remap on several occasions (Altho they overwrote it once :-(
        Thanks Chris, it had some shells around the cover but I have brushed and blown them away. Fingers crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by the1bandit View Post
          Thanks Chris, it had some shells around the cover but I have brushed and blown them away. Fingers crossed!
          You'll be fine. They just plug their machine in and see what is says

Cant remember what I'd rehearsed to say if someone had said "You had this car remapped"

But something along the lines of bleeding lying and keeping my fingers crossed behind my back ;-)
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

A dealership mechanic ain't gonna see when they put laptop in that it's been mapped!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ADS77 View Post
              A dealership mechanic ain't gonna see when they put laptop in that it's been mapped!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
              No- not unless they scrutinise the Turbo boost pressures.
              The main problem is, whenever there is a fault they seem to updaate the software which overwrites the map. They dont even tell you.
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

i work for a citroen dealership and if there is a engine problem the first thing we check is turbo preasures

Comment

Originally posted by oldman View Post
                  i work for a citroen dealership and if there is a engine problem the first thing we check is turbo preasures
                  For what reason?
                  White on red THP
                  Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Originally posted by oldman View Post
                    They didnt check my boost pressure... several occasions

In the end they swapped the injectors, reset the ECU, replaced the ECU, replaced the HPFP and never checked the boost pressures....
                    In fact i had to nip back up to see James.... very good service from James :-)
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi all

Just to let you know that following almost a week in the garage the vvt solenoid was replaced and the car handed back to me. Didn't last long because first start it faulted.

Back in the courtesy car and Citroen UK diagnosed the lead to the vvt needed replacing. The techs drove the car a dozen times today and it seems back to normal.

Really puts me off doing anything else to the car!

Paul

Comment

That's good the car seems back to normal

Just hold off thru the winter on any modifying to the engine
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Glad you got it sorted
                          White on red THP
                          Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Working...
                          X