That whistling noise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That whistling noise.

Hi guys.Had the DS3 for two weeks now and loving it. One thing is that now im getting the whistling noise in the central speaker that changes with the engine revs that quite a few of you have had. Anyway,took the car to my local dealer and told them that i knew what the problem was and that there is an info Rapid about it.The dealer wants to charge me for taking the stereo system out of the car to investigate before they make a decision.I told them about the info rapid and they were not having any of it.Its going to cost me £89 for them to tell me something i already know. Then there is the repair bill on top of that.As i have read on previous posts, this seems to be an easy fix and something to do with a dodgy earth at the bass box in the boot.If anybody could help me that has had this problem as to a possible fix that i could do it would be greately appreciated. Btw the dealer had never heard of the phrase info Rapid. Cheers Pete.

I'd take it to a different dealer.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Phoned another two Dealers and got the same reply.They said that if they did the repair that i said was on the technical bulletin and it wasnt that i could sue them.

Comment

I could very well be the fault that the technical bulletin refers to or it could be something else and any repair place worth it's salt is going to troubleshoot using all the available resources including the bulletin to locate the problem. You tell them do this and it doesn't help then they have to listen to you bitching how they didn't fix it. Seen it and listened to the bitching a thousand times because the customer wants This! and not what he really needs to fix the issue.
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I can understand what you are saying with respect of the position of the dealers and bitching people that they sometimes have to put up with. I to have to put up with these type of people in my line of work.Its just that i know what the problem is and there is a fix for it hence the info Rapid.Its been very well documented on this site and in my case if i paid for a repair that i wanted and it didnt work i would expect to pay for that service.

Comment

And you very well may be right and you very well could be one of those (unfortunately nowadays) rare people that take responsibility for their decisions but the Workshop has no way of knowing that and will have learned the hard way to cover their ass even at its customers expense. Another product of modern society where every little slight is made into major court case and an attempt to get something for nothing. How sad.
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
            X