No announcement yet.

Walnut blasting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Walnuts have been well and truly Blasted now!
    LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	541F921A_zpsaf5c99ba.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	360695
      Click image for larger version

Name:	541FB0D8_zpse7b533f9.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	360696
      My valves at 27k, before and after a nutblast session courtesy of Jamie@SPTuning. Just had it redone at 41k and the cams re-adjusted, both were a fair bit out.
      sigpic

Comment

The top one looks like a coal seam,it`s that coked up! Good pics.
        LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

DS3 Racing 2012 I did today with just 23k miles.
          White on red THP
          Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

To be honest Jamie, the buildup looks fairly uniform, more so than on mine.
            sigpic

Comment

Looking good like, shame theres not many garages up this way that offer walnut blasting at a reasonable price like you do.

Comment

That's incredible!! What a difference!!
                DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Walnut blasting

This is the first racing we've done a walnut blast too. I would say this is as bad as it gets, and for only 23k miles. Be interesting to see if all the racings are suffering more so or is this just a one off? Time will tell.
                  White on red THP
                  Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

I know Keiran was looking to get his Racing done - not sure on mileage on his though or if he is still looking to get it done.

20k - 30k is the 'Something might go wrong' on the Racing.

Awesome pics of before and after! Keep me posted if you ever want to get a few cars gathered for a blast Jamie
                    My DS3R3... nearly....
                    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

I'm surprised you aren't an official partner of Citroen's now Jamie, given the amount of their vehicles you look to have saved!
                      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

It has made a massive difference to the car thanks Jamie

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                          I'm surprised you aren't an official partner of Citroen's now Jamie, given the amount of their vehicles you look to have saved!
                          Surely you meant Citroen becoming an official partner of SPT....[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
                          White on red THP

Comment

Originally posted by Htdavies View Post
                            It has made a massive difference to the car thanks Jamie
                            No problem, glad to be of service [emoji1303]
                            White on red THP

Comment

Ive got a 155 dsport with 14k on the clock, what intervals would you recommend a wallnut blast?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Timberflake View Post
                                Ive got a 155 dsport with 14k on the clock, what intervals would you recommend a wallnut blast?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
                                Originally posted by Drummond Base View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]13474[/ATTACH]
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]13475[/ATTACH]
                                My valves at 27k, before and after a nutblast session courtesy of Jamie@SPTuning. Just had it redone at 41k and the cams re-adjusted, both were a fair bit out.
                                Ive had mine done at 27k and then a further 14k after that. I would advise every 15k on my experience but your style of driving plus other factors may push that left or right maybe 5k. At 27k mine were shocking, at 14k nowhere near as bad but enough to effect performance plus Jamie checks the cams which in my case needed a fair bit of adjustment.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X