Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No 'boost' when accelerating

Hi guys,

Not sure if anythings wrong or I'm just being paranoid.. I've only had my car around 4 weeks and it was brand new when purchased.

One of the first things I noticed was the 'power boost' that happened when I changed to 2nd gear and kept my foot on the accelerator. I was used to driving a 1l with very little power so it made a big difference.

The problem is now the car only very periodically boosts like this, and even when it does, it doesn't seem as powerful as before. I'm not sure if I'm maybe driving the car differently now as I'm getting more comfortable in it, perhaps more heavy footed.

I feel like I am going through petrol like water too but I put that down to the fact my old car used to get 72mpg and I'm not used to having a bigger car yet.

I understand it is only a 1.2 110 Puretech S/S but it just drove so much better before. Even the one I test drove for the day was so much nippier than this feels.

Has anyone had any sort of similar experience?

Take it back to the dealer and get it checked.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Heavy footed driving should be more speedy if you're full throttle.

Also the puretechs are meant to be pretty good on fuel economy. What kind of MPG are you averaging with it?
      ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
      Join the Facebook Group!
      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

From what you're saying about the 'boost' it actually sounds like you're overrevving the gear change and then bringing the clutch up whilst still accelerating. THis will feel like you're "boosting" because you're bringing that gear up to a higher rev than idle when changing gear.

If you're getting around 35mpg you're fine. With regards to it feeling nippier, you're probably just used to the feel. I noticed that myself going from a smaller engine to the 165THP. I no longer feel like the car is actually quick anymore.
        @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Working...
        X