Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mood Lighting

I bought a new DS3 last Friday.

On Sunday evening I went out for first night time drive. The lights were set on "auto" so front footwells illuminated (mood lighting).
    I did not want this feature on and checked the handbook. Mood lighting was turned off using "dimmer" button on bottom left of tacho display.
    As well as turning the mood lighting off, the instrument panel lights were also dimmed. (I prefer them to be brighter than the "minimum" default value).
    The handbook also says that the function can be switched off via the vehicle settings menu.
    So far I have not been able to find how to programme this.

Is there a way of turning the mood lighting off but still being able to adjust the instrument lighting to the preferred level?

Originally posted by Flonska View Post
    I bought a new DS3 last Friday.

On Sunday evening I went out for first night time drive. The lights were set on "auto" so front footwells illuminated (mood lighting).
    I did not want this feature on and checked the handbook. Mood lighting was turned off using "dimmer" button on bottom left of tacho display.
    As well as turning the mood lighting off, the instrument panel lights were also dimmed. (I prefer them to be brighter than the "minimum" default value).
    The handbook also says that the function can be switched off via the vehicle settings menu.
    So far I have not been able to find how to programme this.

Is there a way of turning the mood lighting off but still being able to adjust the instrument lighting to the preferred level?
    On the older models you could do this via a dial near the speedo, check there.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

If your main problem is not liking the footwell lights. As a last resort you could always just unplug them or take the bulbs out.
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Yeah I don't think there is any other way without turning the instrument cluster lights off, or possibly turning the touch screen off. Take the bulbs out, or just get used to it like everyone else
        @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Ah wait, I've misunderstood this.

If you've already dimmed the lights using the tacho that's you're only option to control the brightness of all instruments I'm afraid. As suggested by Cyclone, removal of bulbs or potentially a fuse would be your only option.
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Thank you for the comments/suggestions.

Perhaps it might have been better had the lighting colour been in sync with the touch screen illumination (purple/blue) rather than what appears to be standard "white" light.

When looking into the footwell, the image of the feet resembles two pies inside a microwave oven.

I have, as suggested, unplugged the bulb units since I am definitely not in the mood for that sort of lighting.

Comment

They can ensure that all hazardous materials are properly labeled and packaged, and they can arrange for the necessary permits and inspections. Auto Shipping Rates Brentwood, Tennessee

Comment

On this page, you'll see my profile, please read this information. https://lqelighting.com/product-cate...g-head-lights/

Comment

Working...
                X