Steering issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering issue

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help with a problem I seem to b having with my 1.6 vti dstyle+, when turning slowly on full lock the wheels feel as though they are skipping,
    it does it in forward and reverse and today seemed to be a really bad day for it to the point where the ESP light came on and off again so any suggestions will be helpful thanks.
    It's going to Citroen for a health check in a couple of weeks but just wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else so they don't fob me off saying it's normal.

Thanks

I think I've had this but only on indoor car parks where the floor was a bit slippy?
    sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
    Third time around.
    Work in Progress

Comment

Originally posted by Rickzayne View Post
      I think I've had this but only on indoor car parks where the floor was a bit slippy?
      Me too.
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Does this issue occur on all surfaces in all weather conditions?

What's the condition of the tyres?
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Yeah it does it in any weather and skips through the entire turn until u straighten the wheels, the tyres are expensive Michelin ones with nearly full tread

Comment

Did you find out what the issue was? I am having the exact same problem with a 1.6 diesel!

Comment

When you saying "skipping" what are we talking about? Is the steering jumping in movement or are the wheels losing traction?
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Same issue here. Had it before and after my new ds3r shocks install. The tracking is completly off, wheels are towing in. Have a look at the tires, inside of tires are gone.
                Still need to get the tracking corrected but my local tireshop is having problems with there machine. And all other won't do it as the rear tires are worn down...
                So get your tracking corrected

Comment

Their instead of there...

Comment

Sorry not been on for a while, don't know if ur still having the problem but mine turned out it needed new tyres even though they still had some tread on and it's not done it since

Comment

Working...
                    X