THP power loss..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THP power loss..

Sorry to start another Thp power loss thread.. mines done it twice now, feels like there's no turbo, I've had the codes read and it said
    P2178 mixture too rich
    P0171 mixture too weak

I know there's a number of things that cause this power loss, fuel pump, timing chain, carbonised valves etc, just wondered if anyone had this problem with these fault codes and got to the bottom of it as I don't want to keep throwing money at things that might not be the cause? Thanks

my guess would be carbonised valves or fuel pump if it's a fuel mixture error?

if you're in warranty, take it to dealership.
    @mike_lowsocial

Comment

It's a 60 plate so out of warranty, local garage suggested the lambda sensors? Not sure people have ever had to change them before though

Comment

6 year old THP is more likely than not going to need to need decarb. why don't you buy an endoscopy camera and have a look for yourself, then get booked in with Jamie at SP Tuning?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Endoscope-W.../dp/B00A6K4DCK
        @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Originally posted by mjogreen View Post
          6 year old THP is more likely than not going to need to need decarb. why don't you buy an endoscopy camera and have a look for yourself, then get booked in with Jamie at SP Tuning?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Endoscope-W.../dp/B00A6K4DCK
          If its done 20k or more then deffo will need a decarb,
          sigpic

Comment

Have had my THP 150 for 6 years and 50.000 km. I have had no issuees at all with the engine until resently where it started to lose power from time to time (like no turbo). No engine light. Had it tested and repaired at the Citroen dealer this week. The problem was a defective pressure sensor on the intake manifold. The car is running as new again

Comment

Sounds like the timing has possibly slipped & needs resetting

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X