Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 1.6 Antipollution fault and auxiliary fan problem

Hi folks,

I have had my 2010 DS3 1.6 N/A for 6 months now and I noticed this morning that my auxiliary fan kicked in before the engine was half way to temperature and then approximately 10 miles to work I got a warning on the dash for faulty antipollution.
    I went out to the car at lunch so it was stone dead cold and the auxiliary fan came on as soon as I started the engine.
    The fan doesn't run constantly whilst driving but I also thought it was unusual when I pulled up to the house last night at -2 degrees and the fan was on even though the temp gauge was a little below normal.

I don't know if it is related but I have had concerns about the amount of oil it goes through since a month or so after purchase. The oil consumption is an odd one too.
    At the height of summer I recorded close to 1 litre for 1000 miles and then following months have eased off and now it falls acceptably within the citroen figure of 600ml for 1000 miles.
    No idea why I am witnessing this change and the only thing I can link it to is the change in outside temperature.

Have any of you experienced any of the above problems to give me something to look into?

Thanks,

Alex

Faulty temperature sensor is a common issue, could be causing the fan to be on more than it needs to be.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

What engine is it? The Vti?
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
        What engine is it? The Vti?
        As far as I know yes. its the 120hp non-turbo model if that clears it up?

Comment

Just to close out the main point of this thread. The code that came up suggested an air leak......
          Discussed with the garage and it seems the fact that I had been running with no oil cap was probably the cause for the warning.
          Codes reset and see how it goes.

Part of me had hoped for some kind of failure that would have shed light on the oil consumption but I guess it is also a relief that it was not anything more serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamstein View Post
            Discussed with the garage and it seems the fact that I had been running with no oil cap was probably the cause for the warning.

Ya think. FFS
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
              Ya think. FFS
              Given it didn't reset when the oil cap was refitted properly it was best to send it to a garage.

Comment

Working...
              X