Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with 1.6 VTi

Hi all,

I am looking for a bit of advice/past experiences. My 2014 DS3 VTi (41k miles) flashed up "top up oil" last week so I did. Just the last couple of days there have been patches of oil on my drive and I noticed it is now dripping a lot! The strange thing is that it is dripping both sides of the engine infront of the front wheels but not in the middle?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am alarmed how much oil seems to be coming out!

Mike

It is booked in at Citroen for Wednesday but that seems a long time away and it's a 20 mile drive!

Comment

Before you become overly concerned, this may seem daft, however, it has to be asked in order to exclude.

Where in the engine bay did you pour the oil ?

Did you spill any oil ?

How much oil did the top up require, and how much did you actually pour in ?

Have you replaced the engines oil cap, presuming that's where you poured the oil ?
      Performance Powered By Thought
      Engineered Horsepower

Comment

Thanks for the reply,

I didn't spill any oil and only added half a litre which brought it to the max on the dipstick. I filled it via the cap on the engine block. Would over filling cause this?

Comment

Working...
        X