Windscreen Wipers Working Intermittently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windscreen Wipers Working Intermittently

The wipers have decided to start working intermittently, even on intermittent they are intermittent, the Auto is also intermittent as they are at any speed. The only setting that is not intermittant is off.

When i say intermittent, they wipe a few times then stop anywhere on the screen, then wipe another random number of times and stop elsewhere on the screen. When i turn them off they return and stop anywhere on the screen.

Any sensible observations or suggestions or even hopefully a 100% legit solution?
    sigpic

Originally posted by Drummond Base View Post
    The wipers have decided to start working intermittently, even on intermittent they are intermittent, the Auto is also intermittent as they are at any speed. The only setting that is not intermittant is off.

When i say intermittent, they wipe a few times then stop anywhere on the screen, then wipe another random number of times and stop elsewhere on the screen. When i turn them off they return and stop anywhere on the screen.

Any sensible observations or suggestions or even hopefully a 100% legit solution?
    Could be your wiper motor relay, wiper motor, or comms unit (bit behind the steering wheel) - last two are pricey!

Get someone to check the relay first, that'd be the cheapest thing to start with...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PSAPhav View Post
      Could be your wiper motor relay, wiper motor, or comms unit (bit behind the steering wheel) - last two are pricey!

Get someone to check the relay first, that'd be the cheapest thing to start with...

Thanks, where is the relay located?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drummond Base View Post
        Thanks, where is the relay located?
        Engine bay fuse box... location of the relay should be in the handbook

Comment

Cheers, il not be able to have a look until the weekend.
          sigpic

Comment

Just found the location whilst at work... it's F12 and 30a fuse

Comment

Originally posted by PSAPhav View Post
              Just found the location whilst at work... it's F12 and 30a fuse

Cheers, i drove into work yesterday and they were fine last night when i used them. Il have a good check at the weekend.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm guessing that the sensor part on the windscreen (behind the rear view mirror) is clean ? From memory the wipers reach that part of the windscreen so I think this is unlikely....
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                  I'm guessing that the sensor part on the windscreen (behind the rear view mirror) is clean ? From memory the wipers reach that part of the windscreen so I think this is unlikely....
                  Hi Chris would not really explain why they were/are stopping in the middle of a sweep.
                  Originally posted by cyclone
                  It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                  Originally posted by Broda
                  I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Cheers chaps, the windscreen is filthy so that might ex[lain it. Im not looking at it tonight, too dark and cold by the time i get in.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                      Hi Chris would not really explain why they were/are stopping in the middle of a sweep.
                      Hello mate - how's you ?
                      sigpic

Comment

Hello mate - how's you ?
                        Erm, me? Im coolio thanks
                        sigpic

Comment

Cheeky, I was writing that to cyclone - I know you're ok
                          sigpic

Comment

Ok, since i gave that area a wipe the wipers have been fine. Cheers bud.
                            sigpic

Comment

Just looking at new wipers, £30 odd quid on Euro Car Parts, £17 on Amazon.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X