THP Engine layout.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THP Engine layout.

Has anyone got an engine layout of the 1.6THP, one with highlighted components(intake hoses etc) would be great...about time Haynes got off their arses and got a book out!

Originally posted by glennedb View Post
    Has anyone got an engine layout of the 1.6THP, one with highlighted components(intake hoses etc) would be great...about time Haynes got off their arses and got a book out!
    First question, why would you need a book (Haynes manual) to highlight components, what exactly are you trying to achieve ?
    Performance Powered By Thought
    Engineered Horsepower

Comment

Originally posted by Czar View Post
      First question, why would you need a book (Haynes manual) to highlight components, what exactly are you trying to achieve ?
      To answer the first part of your question on behalf of OP - For someone that hasn't worked on a THP before I imagine a diagram like this would come in handy to help identify the location of parts that aren't obvious from a top-down view of the engine.
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
        To answer the first part of your question on behalf of OP - For someone that hasn't worked on a THP before I imagine a diagram like this would come in handy to help identify the location of parts that aren't obvious from a top-down view of the engine.
        I'm aware that such an exploded diagram of the THP engine would be beneficial, however, I was just merely asking, to gather a little more information to pin point which particular section of the engine the OP is focusing on, to see if any of my images may be of help.
        Engineered Horsepower

Comment

A layout of the turbo would be nice Czar....what pipes are what and where they go to..like a BOV, where does that fit...stuff like that.

Comment

A layout of the turbo would be nice Czar....what pipes are what and where they go to..like a BOV, where does that fit...stuff like that.
            Before I search through my images, for one or some that might be applicable, correct me if I'm wrong, don't you own and drive a THP powered Dsport ?

If so, surely it would be very easy to look and study what is actually in your engine compartment !!

As for a BOV, the factory stock KO3 turbo is fitted with an internal recerculation valve, works in the same manner as an external BOV, only minus the external audible Psshhhht you get with an atmospheric BOV.
            Engineered Horsepower

Comment

Never owned a turbo charged car before Czar..for someone like me whos not mechanically minded....it all looks a bit er technical...and pipey!!

Comment

Originally posted by Czar View Post

As for a BOV, the factory stock KO3 turbo is fitted with an internal recirculation valve, works in the same manner as an external BOV, only minus the external audible Psshhhht you get with an atmospheric BOV.
                When i read that i looked like you meant the recirc valve was internal ha ha ha
                sigpic

Comment

They're all freely available on http://service.citroen.com/ - for example, the "TURBO AIR PIPING" section looks like this
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	TURBO AIR PIPING.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	360810

Comment

Cheers Nomgle ..wont let me register though!

Comment

Working...
                    X