Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vans Hit me

Hi Everyone,

A transit van has hit me this morning a F*cked off before I could spin it round to get his plate! How much am I looking at for this debt do you think? I'm based in Chester.

Thanks In advance

ConnorClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0834.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	368317

Firstly, what a complete tw@ for driving off. Is there any CCTV in the area? If so, pay them a visit to see if they can get anything and then report it to the police. In the meantime, that's an insurance job, so you will need to pay your excess, that's if you are fully comp. If not, it could be expensive and you would need to shop around for quotes. Really sad to see this still happens and especially so close to Christmas. Hope it all works out for you Connor.
    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Thanks mate! Ring police before but looking hopeful! I treat the car like my baby too How much if I don't put it through insurance roughly? 2-300?

Comment

Originally posted by Con View Post
        Thanks mate! Ring police before but looking hopeful! I treat the car like my baby too How much if I don't put it through insurance roughly? 2-300?
        And the rest... =[

You're looking at 2 or three new panels from the looks of that picture. Did any airbags deploy?
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Sugar! Nearly swore How much estimate? And no airbags no mate

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
          And the rest... =[

You're looking at 2 or three new panels from the looks of that picture. Did any airbags deploy?

Comment

And the rest... =[

Yeah Fish is right. You are looking at least double your guess Connor, probably alot more depending on what's been damaged. It's not gonna be cheap that!! Are you not fully comp? At least you weren't hurt though.

Just to give you an idea, my old man got hit at 15 miles an hour on the back of his car. The damage looked minimal apart from a slightly bent bumper and some scuffing on his Nissan Micra. Turned out 3 panels would also need replacing and it would cost over 1500 quid to get sorted. They wrote it off and the insurance company gave him 2400 as a settlement.
            Last edited by Funky; 20-12-2016, 11:06.

Comment

I am fully comp mate but I'm 20 been driving 2 and a half years so I'm thinking my premium hike will cost more?

Connor

Originally posted by Funky View Post
              Yeah Fish is right. You are looking at least double your guess Connor, probably alot more depending on what's been damaged. It's not gonna be cheap that!! Are you not fully comp? At least you weren't hurt though.

Just to give you an idea, my old man got hit at 15 miles an hour on the back of his car. The damage looked minimal apart from a slightly bent bumper and some scuffing on his Nissan Micra. Turned out 3 panels would also need replacing and it would cost over 1500 quid to get sorted. They wrote it off and the insurance company gave him 2400 as a settlement.

Comment

Originally posted by Con View Post
                I am fully comp mate but I'm 20 been driving 2 and a half years so I'm thinking my premium hike will cost more?

Connor
                TECHNICALLY... Your insurance company could argue that you've likely signed a contract that agrees you will inform them in the event of an accident. If you don't do this you could be outside of your contract terms by not informing them.

If you still want to do this yourself I'd recommend getting an independent quote from a couple of body shops.
                cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Be close to £2500 to fix that through an approved repairer
                  White on red THP
                  Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

I think you may just need to bite the bullet on this one and do it via the insurance company and pay your excess (unless your excess is over £2500). All you can do is explain about the hit and run and hope the police can help in some way by finding the idiot white van man that did it!! I doubt your premium will go up by the cost of the repair, so it will be cheaper in the long run and at least your insurance company will know about it too.
                    Last edited by Funky; 20-12-2016, 12:57.

Comment

Your insurers will likely try and settle via the MIB (not the alien type) if you're unable to claim off the person who hit you (https://www.mib.org.uk/).

You can also claim for money towards your excess and any time away from work/hire car for the duration you're without the vehicle.

Speak with your insurer would be my advice and mention claiming via MIB.

https://www.mib.org.uk/making-a-clai...traced-driver/

Also, advice from MIB's site:

1. Report the incident to the police
                      For us to be able to deal with a claim for damage to your vehicle or other property, you must report the incident to the police within five days of the accident. For claims for injury this must be done within 14 days. Where it is not possible to comply with these time limits, the matter must be reported to the police as soon as reasonably possible.

2. Make enquiries
                      The nature of hit and run accidents is that identification of the driver responsible for the accident is very difficult. You should, however, make enquiries to see if you can identify the driver. Check details of the accident with the police and, if any information is available, try making contact with the other driver if that is appropriate.

If you cannot identify the driver, try to identify the vehicle involved through any registration number you have been given. To make a claim for property damage you must be able to identify the vehicle that caused the accident.

3. Contact your own insurer
                      Contact your own insurance provider because:

If you have comprehensive cover then your own insurer should deal with your vehicle damage claim.
                      Your insurance policy requires all accidents to be reported.
                      Your insurer may be able to trace the other driver or their insurers.
                      Your insurer also has access to the Motor Insurance Database which may contain details of the driver’s insurers. You can also check the insurance details yourself by visiting www.askMID.com.
                      If your vehicle has been damaged try to get two estimates, but if the vehicle is not drivable one will be enough.

The law requires all innocent victims of accidents to mitigate their loss. This means that victims must do what they reasonably can to minimise the loss they incur.
                      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

MIB (not the alien type)
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiBLgEx6svA

I felt this needed clarity Fish
                        Bwaaahhhhhh and Pshhttt erryday!

(Current) THP 155 Black & White. White Racing Decals (+2 bhp each)

(Past) E-HDI Airdream 115 Black. Orange Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)
                        E-HDI Airdream 90 White & Black. Full Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)

Comment

Your insurers will likely try and settle via the MIB (not the alien type) if you're unable to claim off the person who hit you (https://www.mib.org.uk/).

You can also claim for money towards your excess and any time away from work/hire car for the duration you're without the vehicle.

Speak with your insurer would be my advice and mention claiming via MIB.

https://www.mib.org.uk/making-a-clai...traced-driver/

Also, advice from MIB's site:

1. Report the incident to the police
                          For us to be able to deal with a claim for damage to your vehicle or other property, you must report the incident to the police within five days of the accident. For claims for injury this must be done within 14 days. Where it is not possible to comply with these time limits, the matter must be reported to the police as soon as reasonably possible.

2. Make enquiries
                          The nature of hit and run accidents is that identification of the driver responsible for the accident is very difficult. You should, however, make enquiries to see if you can identify the driver. Check details of the accident with the police and, if any information is available, try making contact with the other driver if that is appropriate.

If you cannot identify the driver, try to identify the vehicle involved through any registration number you have been given. To make a claim for property damage you must be able to identify the vehicle that caused the accident.

3. Contact your own insurer
                          Contact your own insurance provider because:

If you have comprehensive cover then your own insurer should deal with your vehicle damage claim.
                          Your insurance policy requires all accidents to be reported.
                          Your insurer may be able to trace the other driver or their insurers.
                          Your insurer also has access to the Motor Insurance Database which may contain details of the driver’s insurers. You can also check the insurance details yourself by visiting www.askMID.com.
                          If your vehicle has been damaged try to get two estimates, but if the vehicle is not drivable one will be enough.

The law requires all innocent victims of accidents to mitigate their loss. This means that victims must do what they reasonably can to minimise the loss they incur.
                          Excellent info Fish

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
                            Excellent info Fish
                            Its a Christmas Miracle!!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
                            My DS3R3... nearly....
                            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Dirty swine

Comment

Working...
                              X