DS3 EML and Fan on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 EML and Fan on

Slight problem with my 13 plate DS3 DSport this morning. I haven't driven it since last Friday and was meant to be back in the office today. I went out this morning, started it up, got out and started clearing the ice off the windows and I noticed the fan was making a lot of noise. I got back in the car to set off and saw the engine light was still on with a fault logged. I switched the engine off and the fan was running really loud for ages after.

It was driving absolutely perfectly on Friday but it was -3 this morning according to the temperature in the car when I went out. Any ideas what it could be? Some sort of temperature sensor problem? Unfortunately I can't get it to a garage until next Tuesday.

Thanks.

We did have very similar problem on my wife's C4 Picasso last year (anti-pollution error code, engine light on, fan on full long after engine was switched off) + loss of power. Error code was something like P1336, after google search turn out to be cylinder misfire. I changed coil first - didn't help, so changed spark plug and problem was gone (ended up changing all 4 spark plugs anyway )

Not saying You have the same problem but may be helpful to mention this to Your mechanic ...

Comment

I got my fault code reader on it today and it came back with P1337 which looks like a similar fault. Hoping it's something simple like a coil pack or spark plug like yours!

Comment

I don't think the plug have ever been changed before either and they've done 25k miles.

Comment

Yeah, hopefully it won't be anything serious, I just checked again it actually was P1338 code which is was "misfire cylinder 2" (codes for that are from P1337 to P1340 - 4 cylinders). I don't know how ds3 Dsport engines are different regarding coils and spark plugs but for petrol 1.6l 120VTi C4 Picasso whole process looked like this:

https://youtu.be/KdnLe385RRo

In my case it was less than £50 and half-hour job (did it myself, paid £9 for socket, £15 for spark plug and £22 for coil)

However other forum members reported similar error codes and completely different problems and solutions to them.

Comment

Forgot to post back here after I sorted it but it turns out it was just the spark plugs that needed replacing. Four new ones, reset the error and I've driven nearly 1000 miles since with no problems, touch wood!

Comment

Glad I could help (well, sort of )

I learned my lesson and now changing them regularly on both cars

Comment

Working...
              X