• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle control position sensor error

Hey Guys,

I seem to have a reoccurring fault with my DS3 Throttle,

P2135 - Throttle control position sensor "Unknown Fault, Error sporadic"
    P1153 - Throttle valve adaptation "Unknown Fault, Error sporadic"

It has happened twice now. My car is under warranty and it did get "fixed" by Citroen before. Could you let me know what to check for or to question the garage about to make sure it has been sorted?

Potential Causes of P2135

- It's been my experience that the wiring connector or on the throttle body gives problems in the form of a poor connection.The female terminals on the pigtail corrode or pull out of the connector.
    - Possible bare wire on pigtail shorting to ground.
    - The top cover on the throttle body distorted preventing the gears from turning properly.
    - The electronic throttle body is faulty.
    - The accelerator pedal sensor or its wiring failed.
    - The engine management computer has failed.
    - The TPS sensors were not correlating for a few seconds and the computer needs to be cycled through its relearn phase to restore active response to the throttle body, or the computer needs reprogramming at the dealer.
    ----

Manually inspect the wires connected to the back of your accelerator for any signs of fraying or looseness. If you can't find fault, return it to the dealer to investigate again.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Per Facebook too - If you could confirm what work the garage did last time, that would be helpful. This information should be listed on the work sheet provided to you the last time you took the car in regarding this fault.
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
        Per Facebook too - If you could confirm what work the garage did last time, that would be helpful. This information should be listed on the work sheet provided to you the last time you took the car in regarding this fault.
        I'll dig through my folder and see if I can find any paperwork. I don't think they gave me any though orginally.

Comment

Originally posted by daniellog View Post
          I'll dig through my folder and see if I can find any paperwork. I don't think they gave me any though orginally.
          The dealership should also have a record of the work done if you were to give them a call.
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Working...
          X