THP 155 clutch bleed procedure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THP 155 clutch bleed procedure.

Good day from a sunny South Africa. I couldn't find anything on the internet on this topic and was hoping someone can help on here.
    I have a 2012 THP 155 which was accident damaged. The Bleed Union pipe going into the clutch slave cylinder was damaged, resulting in the clutch/brakefluid leaking out.
    I bought a new union (Part no: 2156S7) but have no clue how to bleed the clutch again. Citroen in SA does not want to share the procedure, but with the vehicle unable to drive, I can not take it to them to have this done.
    Can anyone help with this please.
    Warm regards.
    Herman.

Hi Herman,

I think you can find the needed information in the thread below:

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....lutch+bleeding

Take care and stay out of accidents.

Comment

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

I looked at that thread but my slave-cylinder/release-bearing is a combined unit located inside the bell housing and looks different. The thread has an external slave cylinder.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	central-slave-cylinder-clutch-sachs-3182600199-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	360845 Click image for larger version

Name:	Bleed union (2).jpg
Size:	4.5 KB
ID:	360846 Click image for larger version

Name:	Bleed union.jpg
Size:	3.8 KB
ID:	360847

Would it work the same way? I had a look at the bleed union and it does not have the 2 cir-clips as in the other post.
      Last edited by voorbok; 09-01-2017, 20:16.

Comment

*Admin bump for voorbok*

And Welcome!
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Thank you kindly.
          Resources here in SA are very scarce on DS3's therefore I was very happy to find this group.
          Being technically minded with a knack to figure things out, I will post whatever I could not find on here or on the net (My clutch bleed dilemma for example - I am sure I am going to figure this one out.)
          Regards.

Comment

To those following this - I figured it out. If any one ever wants to know, I will share the gory details with you...:star:

Comment

Hi Voorbok how did you bleed the system? I have no fluid coming from the pedal master cylinder? I’ve tried everything to bleed without success! I’m trying a new master cylinder next??

Comment

If I remember correctly I filled the reservoir then turned the union where the pipe comes in close to the gearbox which allowed air to escape. This was a while ago but if I remember the details I will respond again.

Comment

With someone obviously pumping the clutch pedal and holding while you release that valve.

Comment

Working...
                  X