Spark Plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark Plugs

Guys, i am running with 209hp on a ds3 155bhp (downpipe, filter and ecu remap). I am looking for new spark plugs, what do you recommend ? Some friends of mine
    are using the ones from evo X (NGK ILKR8E6) i am from Brazil, and dont have the option to buy the ones from ds3r (ILZKR8C-8G) is not available to aftermarket suppliers

Out of interest why are you looking to change your spark plugs? The stock platinum ones should be fine I think.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Bens, i was trying to follow the rule of thumb that for each more 50hp, you get a 1 degree cooler spark plug.

Comment

Look at this very nice post from Czar about this topic:
        http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....ll=1#post73335
        Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
        DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

Wow that's awesome, Czar is a legend. So the TL;DR is you should only really need to upgrade to copper/silver once at 230+ and working it hard, and then they need servicing more often too. Iridium plugs only increase time between replacements.
          Join the Facebook Group!
          Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Amazing guide !!! Bens, czar talks about one step colder only if you have more than 230bhp, but i understand that anyone could use a cooper/silver spark plugs. He didnt mention
            which silver/copper spark plugs we could use on Ds. Anyone knows ?

Comment

Guys, i think i founded ! After some search, i think the best silver spark plug option is the brisk QR12LS

Comment

Sorry, i put the wrong part number! The correct brisk it is the MR12YS

Comment

Those will definitely future-proof your motor if you want to add more power i.e. the frankenturbo you mentioned, just make sure the gap is correct

p.s. you may want to look into a bigger intercooler as the stock one is not too efficient above normal power and has quite high temperatures
                  Join the Facebook Group!
                  Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Do not use the Brisk one. Mini owners used them and had misfiring. Czar suggest to use the NGK LKR8AP (used by the E60 M5 and E90 M3)

Comment

Wonder what NGK ones the Peugeot RCZ R and the 308 R use as they produce 270bhp standard, and they are THP engines like DS3 versions.

Comment

Shiro, what is the gap that you are using with this ones ? It cames with .035" (0.9mm). I saw the hex of this plugs are 16mm, there is any difficulty to change then ?

Comment

I was reading the specs of the evo x plugs (ILKR8E6) What ll be the diference of this LKR8AP ? The two have the cooper core, the specs are very similar.

Comment

Don't know, didn't used them because my engine is still stock. But if it will fit the Mini, it will fit the THP too :rolleyes:
                            You can also try the Evo X one and report if it's working

Edit: Searched for both and found this infos:
                            LKR8AP: Platinum, Gap: .035" (0.9mm), Source
                            ILKR8E6: Iridium, Gap: .024" (0.6mm), Source
                            Last edited by Shiro; 21-01-2017, 18:13.

Comment

Some friends use the ILKR8E6 with .7mm gap. I think this .9mm from the LKR8AP could cause misfire.

Comment

Working...
                              X