Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overheating NOT Overheating! Oil Level Sensor Part Number for a THP 150, 1131G2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overheating NOT Overheating! Oil Level Sensor Part Number for a THP 150, 1131G2?

Morning, all!

I did a search for this but came up with little, and nothing on a part number!

Last couple of weeks I've randomly had 'low oil level' displayed on MyWay, but the oil is almost new and the level definitely OK (I check weekly) and then, she 'overheated' yesterday, but wasn't overheating! Fans on full, temp gauge right up on max, etc.

I didn't put 2 and 2 together, on searches, until I found a post where Jamie had answered another forum member about the 'engine temperature too high' possibly being caused by an error in the oil level sensor! Bingo, I thought!

I called the stealers this morning and got quoted just shy of £70 for a new sensor, with the part number 1131G2, based on my reg details.

My questions:

- Am I right in thinking that it makes sense that it's the oil level sensor running amok?
    - Does anyone know more about the sensor and part number, because it's not coming up as a part for the THP 150 engine according to Google, and the parts place has shut now so I can't confirm with them. I'm getting loads of references to diesel engines!
    - Is there a workshop manual/parts selector for the THP engine, online that someone could direct me to please?

Many thanks in advance!

Stu :-)

And now the car is stranded in the local Tesco car park, just clicking when turning over. Happy days!

Comment

I know there is a known fault with the coolant temperature sensor with some DS3s, but that is mainly the VTi 120 engine. You could try Ebay to be honest, they have a lot of car parts for a decent price. Or a search in local scrapyards for THPs could bag you a cheap part if it's easy to remove.

Awaiting someone with more knowledge to give a part number and more info...
      ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
      Join the Facebook Group!
      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

There is a known fault with the sensor, PSA is aware of it and had a recall for that faulty sensor. I didn't had problems but got it as well at my last service.
        Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
        DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

Cheers, BenS & Shiro.

I bought the workshop manuals today,looked up both the low oil and the temp sensor. The low oil sensor, from what I read, also reads oil temp, so it could well be just that and not the sensor on the thermostat housing. Out of the two, the oil level/temp sensor looks the easier to change. The stealers want £68 including VAT so may just go for the OEM part at that cost.

Happy days!

Comment

The clicking turned out to be a battery drain from the high speed cooling fanscoming on after the car was switched off and locked. Thankfully not the starter motor!

Comment

Hi Stu.
              Not meaning to hi-jack your thread and apologies for that - I just started a thread on a gearbox removal procedure under technical.

Just want to know if your manual mentions anything special on removing the gearbox from the motor. And maybe the clutch bleeding procedure if it covers that. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards.
              Herman.

Comment

Originally posted by voorbok View Post
                Hi Stu.
                Not meaning to hi-jack your thread and apologies for that - I just started a thread on a gearbox removal procedure under technical.

Just want to know if your manual mentions anything special on removing the gearbox from the motor. And maybe the clutch bleeding procedure if it covers that. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards.
                Herman.
                Hey Herman!

No apology necessary - I have no problem with it at all!

Regarding your question; I bought and unpacked the workshop manual when I was in my office earlier hence they're residing on my office PC. As I was working I didn't get too involved but I DID however see something about clutch bleeding, when I was having a quick scan.

Assuming it's not against forum rules, I will find the relevant sections for you tomorrow when I am back in.

If you're really stuck now and need it this evening, I can suggest the site I got them from, but it's a 17GB download! Only cost £9.99 however! I can PM you the link if you like?

Stu.

Comment

Hi Stu. Thanks for your reply!
                  I can wait but if you can PM me the link I will try and download it.
                  I can tell you, info and spares on DS3's are hard to come by in good old sunny South-Africa!
                  Regards.
                  Herman.

Comment

Hi Herman,

PM sent

Comment

Stu, could you maybe forward the pm into my direction to ?

Comment

Originally posted by V3nn3tj3 View Post
                        Stu, could you maybe forward the pm into my direction to ?
                        Done, good Sir!

Comment

Working...
                        X