number plate lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• number plate lights

Hi all, first time on here so go easy on me, I do not seem to have power to my number plate lights I have checked the bulbs and they are ok, I have even cut off the connecter block off that connects it to the bulb incase that was faulty, and soldered wires to the bulb and tested them on the battery and they work, and hard wired the bulb to the existing wires that I have cut the block off, but still no luck. is there a fuse for this ? that would make sense if the fuse had blown, the lamps are LED, any help would be good.
    many thanks Neil

since posting this I have been thinking how this has happened!, I went to fix one rear number plate light and the terminal was corroded so I touched it with a small screw driver and it sparked and cut the other light out as its not fused (crazy) have I done something to the computer ? something to do with the CANbus system maybe? I could go back to Citroen and have it checked out but I only earn £1000.00 a week
    any help would be useful . Ta

Comment

I had a lightbulb in the passengers footwell that wasnt working, and was fine and had the same as what you are experiencing. I did an unrelated reset of the cars computer because the wife was driving and couldnt hear the bitch give directions, and it wouldnt increase when asked; and after the reset the light came back on! Reset is an option inside of the sat nav style computer! Try this, it might work!
      Phyliss

Spreader of rumors, taker of lives, leader of men

Comment

Originally posted by eil463 View Post
        since posting this I have been thinking how this has happened!, I went to fix one rear number plate light and the terminal was corroded so I touched it with a small screw driver and it sparked and cut the other light out as its not fused (crazy) have I done something to the computer ? something to do with the CANbus system maybe? I could go back to Citroen and have it checked out but I only earn £1000.00 a week
        any help would be useful . Ta
        You earn £1000.00 a week? Get it booked in then??

Comment

I wish I "only" earned £1000 a week! I don't even get that in a month!
          ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
          Join the Facebook Group!
          Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Jokes aside, footwell lighting and plate lights are not connected. If there is power to the sockets the lights should work. Never a good idea to stick a screwdriver into a socket with power still connected. They should be fused with the rear lights if i remember correctly.
            Try using a volt meter to see of you have 12v between the connections.
            Also the radio system and footwell lighting are controlled by the bsi, which get's some commands from the speedo unit. Could be the bsi messing with the satnav...

Comment

Hi everyone
              I have a DS3 2012 diesel. My number plate lights
              are flashing on and off local garage want ?700 to
              replace the BSI unit is this normal or is there
              another option to explore. ???? I’m not using LED’s.

Comment

Why not put in a small wire from your sidelight connection, or cut into the sidelight wire, to feed the registration light?
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                X