rear view mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear view mirror

my mirror is just the bog standard regular one and ive noticed its got a wierd stain over half of it so im thinking of grabbing a new one. it seems well and truly stuck on though and i dont want to pull it too hard and damage anything. does it just pull off? or is there a trick to it?

glass pulls off so just pull harder. Doesn't matter if you break the glass as your replacing it. Stuff behind will be just fine.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

what bit pulls off? the glass from the ball thingy or the whole mirror thats attached to the windscreen?

Comment

wait what mirror are we talking about?
        I was talking about the outside door mounted rearview mirror.

Comment

ah right. usually refer to them as wing mirrors in the UK. The rear view mirror is the one inside attached to the windscreen. I don't want to pull it too hard and crack the windscreen

Comment

OK sorry, do not know how that comes apart.

Comment

Any chance of a picture of the stain?
              It's likely that the autodimming stuff has leaked inside if you can't clear it off.
              DStort
              DSport interior | 130bhp Chipped | Powerflow Exhaust

Comment

no its the bog standard mirror. no autodimming or anything. no idea what happened to it but its something in the layers of the mirror gone funny. i can get a replacement cheap enough. just dont want to damage the windscreen trying to remove it. i might have to get the replacement first and see if that gives a clue as to how its removed.

Comment

Twist it and it will come off. Not sure which direction though. The mechanism holding it is glued to the windscreen with the locking part on the mirror base.

My car is not at home at the moment but I can confirm for you tomorrow.

Hope this helps.

Comment

thanks. that would make sense...i was trying to pull it lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X