Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dsport THP155 gearbox/transmission removal procedure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dsport THP155 gearbox/transmission removal procedure.

Hi Everyone.

Has anyone removed a THP155 (6 speed) gearbox from the engine before?
    I am trying to remove the gearbox to replace the thrust bearing, but it won't budge. All bolts and drive shafts are loose and the bellhousing opens up about 1cm but will not go further.
    Am I missing something?

If someone can help I will really appreciate it.

You have to remove the subframe, its an alll day job.
    sigpic

Comment

Did you find it on the link I PM'd you? There's extensive info on the removal.

Comment

Thanks, I removed everything. Sub frame, driveshafts, all bolts, starter etc. The problem is the gearbox only separates from the engine a cm or so. I even removed the bolts holding the pressure plate inside the bell housing - it just won't budge.
        Maybe the clutch plate is stuck but then it should have moved when I loosened the pressure plate.

Grrrrr. Feeling annoyed.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	14716559-Big-Hammer-for-industrial-work-Vector-illustration--Stock-Vector.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	360869 this should help

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperkev View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]13816[/ATTACH] this should help
            If in doubt - give it a clowt (as we say up North)
            DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

I'm gonna give it my all this weekend and let you know afterwards. Like we say in the engineering trade... for every job there's a hammer, the bigger the job the bigger the hammer...

Comment

Any update?
                Regards,

Simon

2011 DS3 DSport (Sport Red with Onyx Black Roof).
                2014 208 GTi (Calado Blue).

Comment

Maybe he is searching for a transaxle housing after breaking it with a hammer?

Although I hope not!
                  Originally posted by cyclone
                  It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                  Originally posted by Broda
                  I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                    Maybe he is searching for a transaxle housing after breaking it with a hammer?

Although I hope not!
                    [emoji85]
                    White on red THP
                    Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Hi. You are sort of right. Exchanged the hammer for a crowbar...
                      Well as promised, I figured this one out. After looking through the manuals, I could not find anything. The trick seems to be - you have to remove the right-hand driveshaft BEFORE you try splitting it or it will "bite".
                      It is a difficult one because you have to remove the "center bearing" (for lack of a better word) and also pull the splines out of the hub - wheel side. Then with a bit of twisting and pulling the driveshaft dislodges from its hold.
                      Then voila! the gearbox magically just falls apart.
                      Also figured the clutch bleeding procedure out, but that is a story for another thread...

Comment

Working...
                      X