Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ds3 dsport red 1.6thp clutch/flywheel noise

Right guys.....

After having no unusual issues for a while now we started having this whining noise in first and reverse.

It isnt constant and is only when you engage clutch!! Is this a common one??

Seems these engines are knocked up out of really really bad parts!!!

Would citroen warranty cover this.

Thrust / release bearing .. ?
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

I had a new clutch kit fitted under warranty in September as my release bearing was whining and when they pulled it apart it was deemed a faulty part. I had a lot of fighting to get it replaced though; 10+ visits to the dealers. Warranty don't like replacing the likes of it under warranty it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Shauna_H View Post
        I had a new clutch kit fitted under warranty in September as my release bearing was whining and when they pulled it apart it was deemed a faulty part. I had a lot of fighting to get it replaced though; 10+ visits to the dealers. Warranty don't like replacing the likes of it under warranty it seems.
        In all sincerity- good for you. Thrust release bearings should last the life of a clutch, unless someone has a habit of resting their foot on the clutch when driving around all day. (Like i did when i was 21, then had to replace the bearing, then didnt do it again)
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
        X