Diesel Fuel System Cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel Fuel System Cleaner

My DS3 1.6 hdi has done 24,500 miles and just wondered whether the 'diesel cleaners' that you add to your fuel work, and are they worth it? REDEX say you should add them to your tank every 3000 miles! Is this just a sales ploy?

Thank you

Most people call them snake oils and claim they dont do much.
    Redex is fairly mild and you would need to use it few times before you notice any difference but problem is you would be used to the car so probably not feel any different.
    Best diesel treatment/injector cleaner you can use is bg244 will cost around 20 quid a can off ebay .. i have used both and found the bg244 to be really good. Made considerable difference on my bmw.

Comment

Originally posted by MrT View Post
      Made considerable difference on my bmw.
      In what way? I've often wondered if these additives do any good/make any noticeable difference in economy/performance/smoothness of ride etc.
      DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
        In what way? I've often wondered if these additives do any good/make any noticeable difference in economy/performance/smoothness of ride etc.
        Car had a little hesitation and when checked with inpa (bmw diagnostic software) it showed one of the 6 injectors running bit weaker than the others,
        Dropped in a can of bg244 before filling up, then drove down south to pick some parts up, on drive back car felt better , so plugged in laptop again and previously weak injector seemed to have been cured..

Comment

Also once you have done 50 or more miles with this stuff in the tank, car feels smoother and throttle response seems sharper, also economy improves too..

Comment

Working...
          X