Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alarm constantly on, no power

Hi guys,

I have a ~3 year old DS3. This morning the alarm started going constantly, and has been on ever since. The buttons on the key fob do nothing. There's absolutely no power to anything - no hazard warning lights, no emergency buttons, nothing. I've tried disconnecting the battery and pulling the fuse for the alarm - no change. Is there anything else you can suggest, either to fix it or just get it to shut up?

e: Ignore this, I'm dumb. Turns out that when the battery goes flat it sounds the alarm (until the battery drains completely).
    Last edited by Aciho; 02-02-2017, 15:39.

Lol.......

Comment

I think I have that temperature sensor issue I've seen mentioned in a few places, and it's running the fan at full speed until the battery dies. Going to leave the battery unplugged overnight and hope it starts in the morning.

Comment

Welcome. The fan runs until your battery dies? How long does that take? You sure it's not your battery that's a bit dodgy? The fan would need to run for a considerable length of time to fully drain a healthy battery. From your initial post, sounds like your battery needs a prolonged charge with a good burn on the motorway.
        DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

It could be the battery I guess. It had most of an hour on the motorway in the morning, and took ~3 hours to get to the point the alarm came on, then another ~2 until it died completely. I'll take it to the garage in the morning and we'll see what they say.

Comment

Working...
          X