No announcement yet.

Wiring Reverse Camera into Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really good write up Berch. I like your step by step guide and pictures, particularly the rear numberplate shot showing how far the camera protrudes, which isn't much at all. Oh and nice choice of colour combo for your :ds3: - exactly the same as mine. Shark Grey and Infinite Blue
    Last edited by Funky; 08-02-2017, 09:18.
    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Great guide, loads of useful info and pictures for anyone wanting to do this.

When I wired my seats up, I was too excited and forgot to take any pictures to use for a guide!
      ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
      Join the Facebook Group!
      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Hiya,

Thanks all, really glad people like it as this was my first thread let alone write up of sorts, so definitely happy people like it and hopefully even if 1 person finds it useful will be worth it.

Originally posted by anothadave View Post
        nice write up. so the camera just came with some bare wires for the camera power and light. not a proper socket? thats a shame. they could have just made a socket like on the license plate light thats being removed. but i suppose that would have cost them an extra 50p to make lol.

you just ran the camera wire down the centre of the car then?
        I also feel like they missed out on an easy install with a socket but as you say, all about production costs, so if they can save some pence leaving out the socket and just leaving bare wires, they likely will which is what they indeed done.

I will run the wire under the glove box and then under the panels that you see when you open the door, just haven't done this yet, as I was knackered by the time I finished so it's just running under the carpets and down the sides for now, will likely do this on the weekend and take a couple pictures to show it.

Thanks again all,
        Berch

Comment

Well done!

Would you mind if I copy this post and use it for the guide section too?
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Didn't you do well, blue Peter badge in the post.

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
              Well done!

Would you mind if I copy this post and use it for the guide section too?
              Of course, I don't mind at all! If it's going to possibly help someone then crack on only too happy to help a fellow DS3 owner!

Originally posted by Hyperkev View Post
              Didn't you do well, blue Peter badge in the post.
              Haha thank you!

Comment

Hey Berch

Im struggling to remove my centre console. The instructions I have downloaded seem to be for a later model than my 2014 model. How did you remove your's to do that?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X