Full throttle not at 100% on diagnosis tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full throttle not at 100% on diagnosis tool

Hi again, I have a very rare issue with the DS, I'll try to do my best to explain it.

I have a diagnosis tool (a scanner) that i've conected to the car via OBDII port. The scanner apparently shows everything is 0k (no fault codes) but in the datalogging section there's something that for me it's not ok:

When I press the accelerator to the floor*, the Throtle Position Sensor perecentage doesn't shows 100%, it shows about 86% or something like that, even if I press the override limiter button. I also note that about 3/4 of the pedal, the TPS is showing already 86%, like if the left portion of throttle doesn't work!!

The car has no heistation accelerating, idling, nothing. In fact I would likely never know this fact otherwise I conected the scanner. żAnybody know if this is really an issue or if this cars have that behavior with the throttle? May I have to replace the TPS? (I know it's the pedal assembly)

*I did the test with the engine off, but key in ON position.

Try it when driving, low speed in a high gear so you don't accelerate much on full throttle.

It might be caused by the cruise control limiter which deactivates once you push the pedal past 3/4. Maybe without the engine running this feature is not kicking in, even though cruise control is not active. You can feel a slight click as you push past it.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

That's normal.. That's why there is a learning proces when installing a new pedal. Mine reads 89% and both of my c2's (VTS and loeb) read 78%...

Comment

Originally posted by V3nn3tj3 View Post
        That's normal.. That's why there is a learning proces when installing a new pedal. Mine reads 89% and both of my c2's (VTS and loeb) read 78%...
        Normal after the learning process? Because as far as I know my DS pedal has never been replaced.

Comment

Yes. It shows absolute values, not relative. If you would have a look at the trottle body you'll see that it's fully open on pedal down.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A3003 met Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X