1.6THP engine issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.6THP engine issues

My 1.6THP is due to have the engine cleaned as it's "coked" up. I know little to nothing about engines but citroen told me after inspecting it last week that there are "flaps" that open to let out the emissions, these aren't opening as they should thus clogging the engine. It's under warranty so I'm not paying (luckily). Looking through the forums it sounds like the THP engine suffers from this problem. It's a 2 day job so sounds major. My mpg has reduced considerably lately also. Does anyone know if the 1.2 litre 130BHP suffer these problems also.

Cheers.

Hey

Good to hear they are decoking for you! Many haven't been that lucky. Yeah, the THP suffers from this and many other 'characteristics' The 155 has proven much better than the 150/Racing versions though.

I've not heard much about the 1.2/130 though I'm afraid. Someone else may have though.
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Cheers. So glad its a warranty job by the sounds of it!

Comment

Think it's still early days for the engine, need to stick another 20k miles on mine yet.

Comment

What's the 130bhp like to drive?

Comment

Isn't the 1.2 / 130 a Puretech engine, and not a THP?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the coking issues in the THP engines were because they were direct injection and the puretech isn't direct injection is it?
            @mike_lowsocial

Comment

They also use direct injection.
              Originally posted by cyclone
              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
              Originally posted by Broda
              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Fair 'nuff.
                @mike_lowsocial

Comment

Working...