Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 Newbie

Hi all,

Just bought a 63 plate ds3 1.6 e-hdi airdream Dsport plus. Loving the car but have a couple of questions hopefully can get answered on here.

1. How does the rear tailgate light and spoiler get removed (looking to fit a rear reversing camera under it).
    2. The engine (22500 miles) sometimes sounds like the pinking noise associated with a petrol car. I think it might be an injector but that is a pure guess. I am thinking that it can't be an engine noise as it's not there all the time. Not sure if it helps but the noise is hardly there at rest, only when under load.
    3. When engaging reverse gear the display sometimes shows the warning triangle and the warning sound is continuously even if nothing is there.

If you can help or advise on any of the above I will be grateful. I am obviously planning on paying the dealership a visit with issues 2 & 3 but don't want to go in there bling and get fobbed off.

Thanks
    Simon.

Hi Simon - welcome to the club. Another club member (Berch) fitted a reversing camera recently and did a really good guide. Hit this link and see if helps you any: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....amera-into-Car

Not sure on the other two myself, but I'm guessing number 3 is something to do with your rear parking sensors. Have a mooch around the forum by using the search box and see if anything else comes up. Hopefully another member might have a better idea than me about points and 2 and 3.
    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Welcome, I can offer advice for #3 -

You probably damaged a seal on a reverse sensor when washing it (if you jetwash then this is likely the cause) and got water in there. Nothing to worry about, it will dry out by itself and stop blipping. If you want to speed things up you can get a hairdryer on them. Unfortunately it may get damp again in periods of heavy rain. One of mine has gone recently except I don't have the screen. Only plays up when very wet.
      ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
      Join the Facebook Group!
      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Thanks for the speedy reply. I'll keep looking for now about the light removal but if I get to the point where I can't wait the number plate option looks good alternative.

Comment

Thanks for the seal advice. Only just got it so not yet washed it but the dealer gave it a fully wash/polish etc before I picked it up so hopefully it will sort itself out.

Comment

Working...
          X