Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrosion on Body Panels

Thought i'd ask;
    My car is less than 5 years old, it's been resprayed by Citroen after 18 months for corrosion.
    It's back again, this time all the panels which were not resprayed last time.

Obviously it's unacceptable and I am fully expecting Citroen to honour their perforation warranty again,
    the problem area tend to be were the chrome trim attaches, the other panels just appear random bubbles from under the paint, no signs of damage like stone chips.

Am I the only DS3 owner with these problems?

The car is well cared for with a coat of wax applied every other month or as required. I don't park in flood water and the car has never been in a flood so i am rather annoyed to have such issues...

It's worth noting that all the 'chrome' is plastic and just stuck on, so underneath you won't have anything more than a holding pin (if that) so exposed metal and metal on metal isn't the main cause.
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Yeah...
      It's the second time i'm having corrosion problems on the car.
      CUK have simply said I need to take it to a dealer to be inspected. The closest garage tomorrow have been made aware i'm coming to have the car looked at.
      Fingers crossed Citroen stick to the anti-perforation warranty. There is no damage to the surface of the paint, it's from underneath.
      I wouldn't be so annoyed if the car was 15-20 years old, but 4 & 1/2....

Comment

Working...
      X