Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to change Diesel Fuel Filter and Pollen Filter

Hi,

Brought my 64 plate from a Citroen Dealer when it was just over 2 years old. It has had two services and done 17k when purchased. Now I looked on the service portal of Citroen's website and it stated the next service due was the 32,000 (24 month) one and recommended replacement of the air filter, brake fluid, diesel fuel filter and the pollen filter.

The explanation of these recommended items states if your vehicle is still in warranty these items are essential. I queried this with the dealership who stated as the vehicle had only done 17k it has had two minor services however the brake fluid and air filter were changed and the diesel fuel and pollen filters would require changing at 3 years, obviously at my expense.

Is this right or should I insist the are changed now to maintain my warranty and bank balance? :confused:

Hi there , I always change my pollen filter every year. Changed it myself it only cost around a £10 it keeps bad odours away inside the car.
    As for servicing all the cars I've owned i service them once a year, not unless your a high mile driver then go by the miles.

Comment

Not sure myself, but as mentioned by snake, I'd let mileage dictate over age on the car

If it was me, I'd get all the recommendations changed at the same time as part of the bigger service. Should there be any blips then you know that everything was fresh and new from the last service.
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Dealership are saying the filters only need replacing every 32k or 4 years whatever comes first! 4 years!!!

Why does the citreon services website say 32k or 24 months and that they must be changed to maintain warranty? :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by nofuse View Post
          Dealership are saying the filters only need replacing every 32k or 4 years whatever comes first! 4 years!!!

Why does the citreon services website say 32k or 24 months and that they must be changed to maintain warranty? :confused:
          I'd tow the line to keep within the guidelines of your warranty. Last thing you want is for it bite you in backside later down the line if something bigger goes wrong and they say no to doing it under warranty due to you not getting a filter changed. Make sense? Tis a tad confusing tho.
          DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

I agree but I'm a little frustrated with the dealer who should've changed them before selling me the car.

If they don't agree to change them FOC I may pay for it myself and send the sheriffs in if they don't pay my bill :bow:

Comment

Working...
            X