Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing gear

Hi iv got a couple of issues I'm hoping anyone can help me with,

First thing is there is a bad vibration just coming through the accelerator at high speeds around 80mph or over

And when changing gear and lifting ur foot off the clutch quick there is a loud rattle coming from underneath the car as it jerks but lifting ur foot off gently without it jerking it
    Doesn't do it.

I've googled it and people r saying it might be the drive shaft but I wanted to make sure first, it's still under warranty so maybe I can get it fixed before it runs out.

Thanks

Originally posted by Dannybussey View Post
    First thing is there is a bad vibration just coming through the accelerator at high speeds around 80mph or over

And when changing gear and lifting ur foot off the clutch quick there is a loud rattle coming from underneath the car as it jerks but lifting ur foot off gently without it jerking it
    Doesn't do it.
    Surely, you mean around 70mph......as no-one on this forum breaks the speed limits....cough....cough

You have answered your own question.....be more gentle with your clutch.

Seriously though, if it's still under warranty and you have genuine concerns, get it into the Stealers and get it all checked out, as you have already said. You have nothing to lose as it's under warranty.
    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

I would think the vibrations are just road and wind vibrations as the throttle is electric not mechanical - there are no drivetrain parts attached to the pedal.

Just be sure to rev match when changing gear to minimise clutch slip, which I think might be happening as it causes some juddering. Mine's a bit like it on cold start but fine once warmed up.
      ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
      Join the Facebook Group!
      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Is the lower back engine mount rubber torn? Mount looks like a dog bone at back of engine under the car.
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Got it booked in but i bet they won't find anything they never do but it's starting to do it all the time now even when you first turn on engine, so maybe your right with the engine mounts il mention it when i take it in

Comment

Originally posted by Dannybussey View Post
            Got it booked in but i bet they won't find anything they never do but it's starting to do it all the time now even when you first turn on engine, so maybe your right with the engine mounts il mention it when i take it in
            My suggestion here then is to drive the car with a tech and show them what is happening.
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Keep us posted
              My DS3R3... nearly....
              New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

im changing the lower back engine mount too but i want to ask if any one knows the torque spec for the bolt ?

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                  Is the lower back engine mount rubber torn? Mount looks like a dog bone at back of engine under the car.
                  I'd say you're spot on with that, that'd be my first port of call too.

Comment

Working...
                  X