Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse sensors

Hi everyone.
    1 month ago i bought a 2011 ds3 sport and i am well pleased with it. When i bought it i had a problem with the sat nav and
    thanks to joining this club and reading the forums i was able to resolve the issue. However a few days back i had a fault
    come up with the reverse sensors that are built in. It has a graphics display with bars on the dash screen and if i put the car
    into reverse now all the screen displays is a fault message and the service light comes on. I have taken the car back to the
    garage where i bought it from and they have had a look at it for me. They cleaned all the connections and swapped the
    sensors but unfortunately it is still not working. I have read thru several threads on here to see if there is any answers but i
    have not managed to find anything so i apologise if i have overlooked something and that is why i have started a new thread
    because i was just wandering if anybody has any suggestions before i go thru the expensive option of visiting the local
    citroen dealership. I really appreciate any help that may be able to be offered. Thanks alot.

Can only imagine it's the parking sensor module at fault, behind carpet in the boot.
    White on red THP
    Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Originally posted by Jiffybloke View Post
      Hi everyone.
      1 month ago i bought a 2011 ds3 sport and i am well pleased with it. When i bought it i had a problem with the sat nav and
      thanks to joining this club and reading the forums i was able to resolve the issue. However a few days back i had a fault
      come up with the reverse sensors that are built in. It has a graphics display with bars on the dash screen and if i put the car
      into reverse now all the screen displays is a fault message and the service light comes on. I have taken the car back to the
      garage where i bought it from and they have had a look at it for me. They cleaned all the connections and swapped the
      sensors but unfortunately it is still not working. I have read thru several threads on here to see if there is any answers but i
      have not managed to find anything so i apologise if i have overlooked something and that is why i have started a new thread
      because i was just wandering if anybody has any suggestions before i go thru the expensive option of visiting the local
      citroen dealership. I really appreciate any help that may be able to be offered. Thanks alot.
      Thankyou so much for that advice and where to find it. Really appreciate it.

Comment

Ours stopped working. I found that the reverse light bulb had blown. So obviously a break in the circuit.

Comment

Originally posted by ed taylor View Post
          Ours stopped working. I found that the reverse light bulb had blown. So obviously a break in the circuit.
          Ds3 do only have 1 reversing bulb right?? as my parking sensors haven't worked for about 3 years (Just lived without them) if i'm meant to have 2 bulbs then this is so the answer to all my parking problems!
          Knock Knock?

Comment

Yes only one reverse light
            ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
            Join the Facebook Group!
            Join the Discord Server!

Comment

It was the ecu. I told the garage i bought it off and they kindly changed it for me and now all working so thankyou for the advice, it is also very interesting to know that they will stop working if the reverse bulb goes as i wouldn't have thought of that. Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
                Can only imagine it's the parking sensor module at fault, behind carpet in the boot.
                Hi Jamie, I have just joined the DS3 Owners Club (to find a solution to my problem!) spotted your reply and wondered if you could describe in a bit more detail where the ‘sensor module’ actually is in the boot? Much appreciated as the dealer suggested £320 to fix the problem!

Comment

Working...
                X