HPFP failing (THP 155)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HPFP failing (THP 155)

I've been monitoring my fuel rail pressure at idle and it seems to be really erratic. I've read that the fuel rail pressure should be 48 bar at idle, but I'm not sure how constant it should be. If I've been flooring it everywhere it jumps around the range of 42-52 bar.
    However, after driving slowly (e.g. in rush hour) it drops right down to 10-20 (and spikes even lower).

Is that normal behavior of a dying HPFP or is there something else I should try before emptying my wallet?

Cheers

It's on it way out, should peak 115-120bar under load, at idle it should stay between 45-52bar.
    Car I did last week, similar low pressure readings to yours. Fuel pump was extremely hot to touch. When the fuel pipe was removed and the residual fuel pressure released, I could hear and see the fuel boiling up inside the pump, sounded like a coffee percolator. Pressurised fuel vapours kept coming out of the pump for around 5 minutes until it cooled down enough.
    White on red THP
    Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Thanks Jamie! That sounds...not good. Torque pro said mine peaked at 150 bar last journey :eek: Also encountered some hesitation.

RIP HPFP!

Comment

trotters, what are you using to monitor your pressure ? Torque on Android ?

Comment

Yep, Torque

Comment

Working...
          X