Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.6 Hdi 90 Remapped ...Limp Home Mode

Hi
    as above , my DS3 has gone into limp mode twice in the last fortnight "Stop Immediately, engine repair needed" etc etc ...i have got over to the hard shoulder and turned the ignition off and on and then its fine again ?

Torque pro is showing no faults whatsoever , any ideas as its a bit unnerving when it happens in the 3rd lane !

sounds like an engine overboost error like mine had. Next time it happens try plugging it in asap to see what fault codes come up. I turned mine off and turned it back on and it let me drive it no limp mode but light was still on. Went off the next day. I had the same warning message but it's so vague it needs plugged in as there's so many problems under this message

Comment

Torque pro or any generic reader can not read all the codes. There is another level of codes that takes a factory level diagnostic computer to read. Go to a Repair shop or dealer and have them do it.
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Quick update ..engine management light now on and the following faults showing on Torque Pro

P0003 Powertrain
        P0245 Turbocharger wastegate solenoid circuit A low

can i drive until i get to the dealers does anyone know ? was running normally on way home

Comment

You can reset the EML by disconnecting the battery for a minute and re-connecting it. The codes should still be stored but it should atleast get you out of limp-mode.

Check with the dealer about driving to them and go off their suggestion.
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

been to dealers , faults sorted with ECU upgrade apparently , however the car is remapped and after the upgrade is still remapped ! is that possible ?

Comment

It's possible if the fix software they put on it had no information for boost pressures and fuelling ratios. Then there would be nothing to wipe the previously loaded ones.
              ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
              Join the Facebook Group!
              Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Working...
              X